Carnival Splendor Journal with Pics - Tequila, Dolphins, Microphones and a Bar Card

Jim' date=' your review and pictures actually made me feel like I was there with you guys. Oh wait... I was! :D I'm so looking forward to doing it again in January!

Conclusion #892: Jim does amazing reviews![/quote']

Thanks Allen...Can't wait to do it all again!!!

We have one July 21, 2012 on The Carnival Dream, and I am so excited! Even more so after reading about what a good time you all had! :D

Thanks convertima - We LOVED the Dream...it's my favourite Ship

Awesome ....can`t wait until Oct 10 2013...better start with Liver training now....

Thanks Darren....Wew can't wait either...will be our first B2B...and the Liver Spring Training is a good idea;):D

Hahahahahaa! Awesome! This is something we would do. :D

I just started reading, but I'm loving your review so far. Looking forward to good times on the Victory in Oct 2013. :cool:

-Denise K

:D

Thanks Denise....We are So looking forward to the B2B!!!!...It will be a GREAT time......and maybe just maybe your Rangers or my Habs will be playing the Panthers before or after and we can catch a game

Love all your pics!

Thanks again Jimmy Geegitz

Great review!

Thanks foxesdens...We have always LOVED your Reviews and Pics too!!!

So is the Conquest cruise in January with bar card a closed group?

It sounds like too much fun to not ask.

Hugh in Dallas

If we only had your email address Hugh;):)

Just found this thread and just in time as you are almost finished. It was great to relive such a great trip. I think my favorite was the Bar Crawl on the last day. That was a blast. :D.

Met some great new friends and look forward to seeing everyone again on the next one in January.

Great job Jim.

Thanks Rick...Was a GREAT Time and getting to meet you and Laurie was an added BONUS!!!!...The Bar Crawl was AWESOME!!!

Muy agradecido for the omission; however, my nose did start to bleed :eek: when the photos revealed how you kids spent your day in PV!! If only ... ;)

Can't wait to do it all over again with you Pam in October '13:D

OHHH!! I look forward to your review of the Miracle...seems we were on her the week before you! I love the Miracle, my favourite ship to date (will be sailing on her for the repositioning to the west coast!). Looks like the Splendor will be alot of fun too and can't wait to find out in September!

We have been on the Spirit twice and the Miracle once and REALLY, REALLY like the Spirit Class.....Very easy to get around - my only complaint and it's just minor but we really like the Piano Bars and didn't find the location of the PB promoted it much

The Dream is still my favourite Ship and the Freedom (Conquest Class) is my favourite Main Pool area - like the tiered seating and the openess...but we are very much Aft people anyways when we are on the Decks

Dee's favourite is still the Paradise with the Spirit Class being a close 2nd - she likes the smaller ships - she doesn't have the best sense of direction...lol

Loved your review! Laughed out loud at some of the crazy things!

I love the Carnival Splendor, sailed on her late August 2010, the same ports you reviewed. Looking forward to next October on the Victory, I hope we have as much fun as you did on this one! ;)

Loved your review! Laughed out loud at some of the crazy things!

I love the Carnival Splendor, sailed on her late August 2010, the same ports you reviewed. Looking forward to next October on the Victory, I hope we have as much fun as you did on this one! ;)

Thanks Trudy...and the Victory will be GREAT!!!...Will be our 1st B2B

Thanks for sharing and I really enjoyed your virtual cruise! Hilarious :D

We've been known to bust out the Beer Run tune, too! LOL

Thanks silvercrikhix....The Yoopers introduced us to the Beer Run and I will admit that we have sung it many times since;)

you guys are a riot :D. i love all the hats and sunglasses. love that i found your review.

Thnaks dustyroad.....Appreciate and glad that you found it

Gonna get this finished up now

An Early Morning, A Delay, Good-Byes and a 3-Hour Tour, a 3 Hour Tour

We woke up to an in-Cabin announcement at 7:30am from the Assistant Cruise Director. It felt like it was just minutes from the time we went to bed. Conclusion #515: It was. The ACD stated that were just waiting for Clearance from Customs and Border Protection and then they would commence the Self-Debarkation. I noticed our S&S Statement was in our Mail Box and I did the Happy Dance when I looked at our lowest total in our first 5 Cruises together. We had our showers and then called Joyce, Terry & Sue and Dan & Coral. The 7 of us had arranged for a Limo tour that would take us through LA, Hollywood to Universal Studios and then to LAX for our flights. Dee and I had already done this tour in 2009 but we wanted Joyce, Dan and Coral to do it and any excuse to spend more time with Terry and Sue was a good idea for us. Terry & Sue being Platinum had Zone 1 Debarkation tags, while the rest of us had Zone 9 which we thought would be fine for our scheduled 10:30am Limo pick-up. Terry and Sue said that they would meet us outside in the Pick-Up area.

The 5 of us made our way up to the Lido for some breakfast and then to the Panorama Deck Aft where we met up with Donna & Dan and Lynne & Peewee. 8:30am came and went as did 9:00am and 9:30am and then 10:00am.

Coral and Jim

142_142.jpg

It wasn’t until shortly before 11am that they announced the call for Self-Assist. We called Terry and Sue who said they would call the Limo guy once they were outside. We waited and waited and waited and unfortunately this delay caused Lynne & Peewee to miss their flights.

Lynne

145_145.jpg

Fortunately they were able to reschedule them for much later in the day. The other unfortunate thing was that our Bar Cards were no longer working.

Donna and Dan - "What do you mean we can't use the Bar Cards?"

144_144.jpg

Lynne & Peewee’s and Dan & Donna’s Zones were called before ours so we exchanged Hugs and “Until Next Cruises” with them and then finally we heard the Call for Zone 9 and made through Customs, grabbed our luggage and were outside just after 12noon. Once outside we called Tony and shortly thereafter we saw the Red Hummer arriving to pick us up.

By the time we loaded up what was supposed to be a 4 hour Tour turned into a 2½ hour Tour of Hollywood and the last ½ hour consisted of a drop-off at the LAX. Tony asked us if we wanted to stop at an Albertson’s for some ‘refreshments’ - Conclusion #516: It’s like he knows us - and for the first time in 8 days we didn’t want a drink. Conclusion #517: We were just a party of 7 in a Limo and not a 7-Person PARTY. You could tell by the looks on all our faces that we had just had a week and the week won.

146_146.jpg

By the time we loaded up what was supposed to be a 4 hour Tour turned into a 2½ hour Tour of Hollywood and the last ½ hour consisted of a drop-off at the LAX. Tony asked us if we wanted to stop at an Albertson’s for some ‘refreshments’ - Conclusion #516: It’s like he knows us - and for the first time in 8 days we didn’t want a drink. Conclusion #517: We were just a party of 7 in a Limo and not a 7-Person PARTY. You could tell by the looks on all our faces that we had just had a week. Tony parked the Limo on Hollywood Blvd and we decided on a time to meet and headed off.

025_25_00.jpg

We wandered through the shops adjacent to the Kodak Theater and walked on the walkway that attendees would use as they made their way along the Red Carpet into the Theater for the Academy Awards. Conclusion #518: The only ‘Oscar’ we would receive had a last name M-A-Y-E-R and came from the little Hot Dog Stand by the Theater

193_193.jpg

577718_258352044272726_37896355_n.jpg

197_197.jpg

As you looked back along the walkway you could see the HOLLYWOOD sign off in the distance on the hills

163327_258352317606032_1762543695_n.jpg

After exiting the Theater area we were now on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. We walked along the Walk of Fame and stopped to take pictures of some the ‘Stars’ in the sidewalk.

006_6_00.jpg

There were lots of costumed characters along the way who would pose for a picture with you. Once we arrived at Grauman’s Chinese Theater we spent a while checking out the handprints and footprints of all the celebrities who had been immortalized in cement in front of the Theater.

022_22_00.jpg

023_23_00.jpg

011_11_00.jpg

020_20_00.jpg

018_18_00.jpg

017_17_00.jpg

Once we had satisfied our ‘Enquiring Minds’ we went to the recently opened Hard Rock Café to get our souvenirs and then we all headed back towards our rendezvous with the limo.

We drove along Sunset Blvd ...

The Viper Room

073_73_00.jpg

Whiskey A Go-Go

078_78_00.jpg

...and then by High Voltage Tatoo (LA Ink)

060_60_00.jpg

058_58_00.jpg

389730_258353937605870_1150149305_n.jpg

059_59_00.jpg

It looks almost identical to what we did in Los Angeles prior to the Swine Flu Cruise. That was a very good day. And those hotdogs were very good.:D

That was the Plan Allen....Wanted Dan & Coral, Terry & Sue and Joyce to experience the same Tour we did in '09....but the late Debarkation cost us some valuable time

Awesome review buddy, I enjoyed it while watching Tiger at the US open and crushing some beers. Can't wait for the Miracle review that cruise was great a.nd look out come Oct.2013 on the Victory we will sail again. Go Broncos....

Awesome review buddy, I enjoyed it while watching Tiger at the US open and crushing some beers. Can't wait for the Miracle review that cruise was great a.nd look out come Oct.2013 on the Victory we will sail again. Go Broncos....

Thanks Trevor!!!!!...October '13 will be one to remember for sure!!!:D

• 1 month later...

Archived