Monte Carlo Port to Nice Airport

acdnnewfy

I've read through these threads and it seems that the drive from the port to the Nice airport should take @ 45 minutes at 7:00am when the ship docks in Monte Carlo. Just wondering if you think that is too tight to make a 9:00 am flight. The next flight out is 3:00 pm and I'd rather not wait around so long for a flight. The helicopter takes 7 minutes but I still have to get to the helicopter from the Port so I don't know if that is worth it. Any feedback would be appreciated

My first reaction after reading your post is that you are simply teasing. Lets think it through. Assuming your ship docks exactly on time (not always the case) it will take at least 15 minutes to get the gangplank in place and have the ship cleared by the local authorities...and this is being optimistic. If you had pre-arranged to have a car/driver or a taxi waiting on the pier, and if you do express debarkation where you must carry all your own luggage off the ship, then you might get to the airport by 8:15. A fast driver might be able to make it in less then 40 min...but this will depend on the traffic getting out of Monte Carlo and the traffic near the Nice Cote d'Azur airport. If you are taking a domestic flight (within the EU) that would be cutting it very very close. If its an International Flight (such as to the USA) they might not allow you to check-in at that late time. As to the helicopter you would need a taxi waiting to rush you to the helipad and then it depends on how long you must wait for the helicopter. And even when you get to the airport on the chopper you still need to get into the terminal to the check-in area (not sure how long this takes). If you really want to try this (and are not going to be a nervous wreck with the time frame) you had best have a good Plan B which would be what do you do if you miss that flight (and how much will it cost). Personally, we would probably prefer hiring a car/driver (you want to do this anyway) and spending a few hours in Nice (the Flower Market is nice in the morning) before heading over to the airport.

Hank

Thanks for your reply. It is a domestic flight but it does make me nervous. I thought if we could get off the ship by 7:15 we might make it to the airport by 8:00. Especially by helicopter, but as you said, all the timing would have to work perfectly

Archived