How old to go into the Piano Bar?

hayesktrm

My 15 yo DD was in the car with me and Sweet Caroline came on the radio. We started belting it out. I said, you should join us in the piano bar since you like all those songs. She said she didn't think she was old enough. I thought they were allowed until a certain time. I hope so. So, then my 19 yo DS goes out with us today and we brought up us singing Sweet Caroline and the piano bar...he started belting it out, too. It was very funny. He said he would love to go with us, too. So, we are hoping we can go early in the evening as a family and hopefully the piano player will be good! So anyone know the age you need to be to get in or the time they kick the young kids out? I assume my DS is fine.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I don't remember there being an age restriction on the piano bar on the Miracle/Pride or Glory. The only one that had age restriction after a certain time was the dance club. I hope I'm right and you all can enjoy it!

My 15 yo DD was in the car with me and Sweet Caroline came on the radio. We started belting it out. I said, you should join us in the piano bar since you like all those songs. She said she didn't think she was old enough. I thought they were allowed until a certain time. I hope so. So, then my 19 yo DS goes out with us today and we brought up us singing Sweet Caroline and the piano bar...he started belting it out, too. It was very funny. He said he would love to go with us, too. So, we are hoping we can go early in the evening as a family and hopefully the piano player will be good! So anyone know the age you need to be to get in or the time they kick the young kids out? I assume my DS is fine.

I don't think that they imposed an age restriction as of yet! Just be warned that after midnight it tends to get rowdier, but I'm sure that a 15 year old as heard it all before. :) I believe that you will have Dave Filsinger on your cruise. Have never heard him play, so can't comment on him.

Joanne

On our Dream cruise back in April, there was no set age limit, but we all got pretty raunchy in our singing and our jokes after 11 or so. If you are worried about your DD hearing things like, during Jack and Diane, "She's a slut!", and lots of sex jokes, and LOTS of drinking, then you might want to limit her late night involvement. Earlier than that it's usually calmer. Of course, every ship and every sailing is different.

BTW, we had so much fun at the piano bar with the best player (shout out to James Q.) and the best bartender (yo, Filip), that we did not go anywhere else after dinner BUT the piano bar every single night!!! We shut down the place every night too.

I don't know if we'll ever have such a great experience in a piano bar again. James really raised the bar.

Thanks for all the comments. She would just be their earlier. Personally, I would feel uncomfortable if there were kids there when it got a little raunchy so I wouldn't want to subject others to my kids, either. Yes, they have both heard it all, but I don't like to admit that to myself. In all honesty, my DD will probably meet a bunch of kids at Club O2 and we'll never see her :rolleyes:. My DS would probably join us and she might come for a little while because she loves to hang out with her brother.

I hope our piano guy is good. There are times where we have spent hours there because the guy was good and minutes because he was so bad.

Three years ago when my daughter and her friend were 16 they were with us every night closing down the piano bar. We were on the Inspiration and Barry Miller (the actual best Piano Bar guy in the fleet) was there. We had a blast and so did they. Barry included the girls and would let them sing and keep score when we did girls against the guys games etc.

We are very NON OVERPROTECTIVE parents and yes it got raunchy, but we taught our daughter how to handle it at an early age. Your kidding yourself if you think they are not hearing far worse when you send them off to school every day.

Daughter's almost 19 now, on the Dean's list in Nursing and looking forward to our cruise on Legend on Sunday. No worse for wear hanging with Mom and Dad in the Piano Bar until late.

Archived