Anyone been to Sheraton-Nassau 2012?

missygirl

Looking to see what the 2012 prices are for adults and child 7-years old. I have seen $25 but not sure if price has gone up. Also ballpark prices for food and drinks there. I have gone to their site but cannot find prices for day pass.

Also do we take the #10 jittney there?

Thanks for any help.

We went in January and loved it. Yes, it was 25.00. The food was very pricey though- so keep that in mind! :) Overall, hotel was wonderful, and we loved it! Burgers I believe were around 10-12 bucks. #10 Jitney at 1.25 PP- have correct change!

Its is not a very long ride. Be sure to let the Driver know where you want to get off and he will tell you when it is your stop. My sisters and I, on our 2010 cruise, did the day pass at Sheraton and took the #10 Jitney(thanks Scubagirl for the info) and got on the bus, settled down and started making friends with the locals, very friendly by the way. My sister swears the driver said something about Sheraton, but I didn't hear it and it appeared the stop was across street. Anyway, we decided to stay on for the ride/tour, thinking it would be short and we would be back to the Sheraton quickly. No no no.. We took a what seemed like a entire island tour. It was about a hour when we made it back to the Sheraton. This time we got off okay. Had a great time at the Sheraton, the pool was beautiful, beach great. Water alittle rough that day and unable to get it very much. But still had a great time. I won a souvenir cup while in the pool on a trivia contest the DJ held. Do the Sheraton and have a great time. But get off at the first stop when the Driver tells you. Although I must say, I made a few Bahamian friends while on our impromptu tour. And I got a great recipe variation for my Pepper Jelly.

Take Care and have a great cruise.

How often does the bus come back to the Sheraton? How long of a ride is it from the port? Can you tell me what water activities are available? Thank you :)

the day pass was $25. food was $10-12. the jitney was $1.25 each way per person, pay cash. there were about 4 buses waiting when we got to George St. to go to the Sheraton. they let us off across the street - going back to port we got one just past the driveway of the Sheraton on the same side. allow about an hour to get back between waiting, the ride and then the walk from Senior Frogs back through Customs to the port.

Non- motorized water sports were included. you don't even have to snorkel, you can walk near the back rocks and see the fish! there are 3 or 4 pools and water aerobics and music. Cable beach is beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your interest in the day passes. Per our conversation our day pass starts from 7:00 am-7:00 pm. It is at a cost of $25.00 per person, it includes the use of the lounge chairs and towels at the Pool & Beach area. We have no inflatable. The snorkeling equipment is on a first come basis. Please see attached listing of Aquamarine waters items and prices. Hope this information helps.

Judy Rolle

Assistant Front Office Manager

h — 242.327.6000 d — 242.677.6070 f — 242.327.6987

SHERATON NASSAU BEACH RESORT

West Bay St, Nassau Bahamas, N-4914

judy.rolle@sheraton.com

sheraton.com/nassau

AQUAMARINE

WATERSPORTS ACTIVITY PRICES

Kayaks/Paddle Boats $15.00 per half hour/$25.00 per hour

Floatation Mats $10.00 per day

Water Ski/Wake boarding $70.00 w/ Lesson (package)

Water Ski/Wake boarding $40.00 (without lesson)

Bumper Tube $30.00

Banana Boat $15.00

Sailing $25.00 ½ hour/ $50.00 1 Hour

$10.00 additional person in

Excess of two

Parasailing $70.00

Jet Ski Tour $150.00 (guest have personal ski)

Snorkeling Tour at Reef $40.00 (Includes Boat Ride)

Boat Rides $15.00 Children/$30.00 Adults

Life Jackets/Vest $10.00 (both child & adult)

Trampoline/Slide/Kayak/Paddle Boat $25.00 children

w/ Floatation Mat $30.00

Prices/items are subject to change -

Nine of us took the #10(A) bus by mistake! Took us there, but we went thru town (driver gave us a nice descriptive tour). $1.25pp. Beautiful hotel, beautiful beach, lovely pools. Most of my group went jet skiing (they were charged $75 for 30 minute rides). Alcoholic drinks at the beach bar @ $9 something plus automatic gratuity. I saw a banana boat, a large inflatable water slide and para sailing.

When we decided to leave, we walked out to the sidewalk and two #10 buses were vying for our business (we took the right bus back this time!)

Aunt D - would you happen to know if a child under 2 pays the $25 fee as well?

Also, does anyone know the cost of a cab from the ship? We are traveling with 3 kids and one is a baby.

We went a few years ago but I don't remember.

Luv- You and the kids will be fine on the #10 Jitney. The drivers are great and will wait for you to get the kids settled. I would not be surprised if the passengers already there move around to make sure you and the kids are comfortable. The folks we met on the bus were some of the nicest, most pleasant people I have ever met. The experience of the bus ride, the think the kids would enjoy. I would say that the cab ride might be pricey. Scubagirl might come on and give you an idea of the price so you can decide what you want to do. The Sheraton is a fantastic choice for families. Enjoy your cruise.

Nine of us took the #10(A) bus by mistake! Took us there, but we went thru town (driver gave us a nice descriptive tour). $1.25pp. Beautiful hotel, beautiful beach, lovely pools. Most of my group went jet skiing (they were charged $75 for 30 minute rides). Alcoholic drinks at the beach bar @ $9 something plus automatic gratuity. I saw a banana boat, a large inflatable water slide and para sailing.

When we decided to leave, we walked out to the sidewalk and two #10 buses were vying for our business (we took the right bus back this time!)

Maybe I am just cheap, but I hope that all were paying there own and it wasn't on Grandpa. With the 9 folks, entry fee, jet skies, lunch drinks, your day was about $1500. WOW.

Maybe I am just cheap, but I hope that all were paying there own and it wasn't on Grandpa. With the 9 folks, entry fee, jet skies, lunch drinks, your day was about $1500. WOW.

LOL!!! Don't know where the "grandpa" came from, but I'm a 47 year old woman who traveled with my family for a reunion. As for the day passes, I paid for myself, hubby and teen. My niece paid for her two children and sister. Another adult paid for herself and her son. For those doing jet skiing, most doubled up on the jet ski and I assume the cost was shared (but I am not sure because I didn't ride. My hubby and daughter shared one, which I paid for). No lunch, we had just eaten before leaving the ship at around 12:30. So for my family of three, it cost us $150, plus around $20 for the drinks that we bought. I relaxed on one of the lounge chairs under an umbrella, then went swimming for a couple of hours. Loved using their towels and clean restrooms. So for me, it was a cheap beach shore excursion. Ended the day with a walk through the straw market to pick up a couple of souvenirs. Oh, and tapped into the free wifi at the welcome area to check some emails.

Since we only spent less than $100 in on board charges during our cruise, we had enough $$$$ to spend on the island. Oh, and if you can't tell, I'm kinda cheap! I suppose it would have been even cheaper if they hadn't gone jet skiing.

Oh, and as for the jitney, don't go by what I did. For some reason, I remembered Nassau a little differently and walked the wrong way (was Bay St. always one way?). So we walked about three blocks straight ahead and then thought to ask someone (after which we walked about three blocks West I suppose and saw the bus flying by). I'm sure there was a better and quicker way!

Scubagirl,

Would there be a better hotel/resort to go to?

Are people approached by peddlers/vendors at the resorts/beaches?

One more question, Is there a tour company you can reccomend for a tour of the island? We are intrested in sight seeing & history of the Bahamas.

Thanks, Betty

Scubagirl,

Would there be a better hotel/resort to go to?

Are people approached by peddlers/vendors at the resorts/beaches?

One more question, Is there a tour company you can reccomend for a tour of the island? We are intrested in sight seeing & history of the Bahamas.

Thanks, Betty

If shade is the issue.. you won't find a beach that is shaded. That's the nature of a beach.. especially in the bahamas.

Sheraton is a good location and highly recommended.

As for tour companies.. check with www.majestictoursbahamas.com

or with sandra at www.bahamas-treasures.com/fergiestaxi

I just got back from the Sheraton. We were on the Allure of the Seas 6/24-7/1. We have been to Nassau several times, so we wanted a beach day to relax and de-stress. The Sheraton was perfect for our needs.

One caveat, every taxi driver we passed warned us not to go to the Sheraton because of all the construction noise at the new resort that is supposed to rival the Atlantis. I am so glad we ignored them. Yes you will see the construction site off to the right beyond the Wyndham and you will hear some construction noise. However, it was no more noise than you would hear if you were walking around a major city, and it was just not an issue for us. We were more focussed on hearing people laughing and talking and enjoying the beautiful, very uncrowded beach. If you are looking for absolute silence, then the noise would bother you. Otherwise, you will have a great day.

My sister, my brother in law and I took 3 kids, ages 10-15 to the Sheraton. They charged us $25.00 for anyone over age 12 and $11 for those under 12.

The beach is very pretty, the water was calm and clear and there were plenty of loungers available. Some had umbrellas and a few had palapas. The pool area was also nice at the Sheraton. Keep in mind that you also can use the Wyndham pool and beach area while you are on a Sheraton Day pass. We preferred the area in front of the Sheraton.

The kids enjoyed the beach, the pool, the lazy river, the water trampoline and the huge, 2 story inflatable slide that is on the beach. The beach slide is not included in the day pass. One ride is $4. You can ride 4 times for $10.00 and you can get a 2 hour pass or an all day pass for @$25-$35. We bought the $10 passes, the kids rode 4 times, they loved it and then they went back to all the other pool and beach things they wanted to do.

For extra fees, you can rent snorkel equipment (there are rocky areas off shore with fish), stand up paddle boards, kayaks, paddle boats and jet skis.

There were a few vendors on the beach, but they were not pushy and did not approach us at all.

My sister had a conference call while we were at the Sheraton and she loved sitting in the lobby working, but still feeling as if she was on vacation. The lobby is very modern and has comfortable seating. There is a deli in the lobby as you go out to the beach. You can get sodas, water and sandwiches, which was all we wanted that day as we ate lunch at Twin Brothers at Fish Fry.

We really enjoyed the Sheraton and would go back again for a great beach day.

I just got back from the Sheraton. We were on the Allure of the Seas 6/24-7/1. We have been to Nassau several times, so we wanted a beach day to relax and de-stress. The Sheraton was perfect for our needs.

One caveat, every taxi driver we passed warned us not to go to the Sheraton because of all the construction noise at the new resort that is supposed to rival the Atlantis. I am so glad we ignored them. Yes you will see the construction site off to the right beyond the Wyndham and you will hear some construction noise. However, it was no more noise than you would hear if you were walking around a major city, and it was just not an issue for us. We were more focussed on hearing people laughing and talking and enjoying the beautiful, very uncrowded beach. If you are looking for absolute silence, then the noise would bother you. Otherwise, you will have a great day.

My sister, my brother in law and I took 3 kids, ages 10-15 to the Sheraton. They charged us $25.00 for anyone over age 12 and $11 for those under 12.

The beach is very pretty, the water was calm and clear and there were plenty of loungers available. Some had umbrellas and a few had palapas. The pool area was also nice at the Sheraton. Keep in mind that you also can use the Wyndham pool and beach area while you are on a Sheraton Day pass. We preferred the area in front of the Sheraton.

The kids enjoyed the beach, the pool, the lazy river, the water trampoline and the huge, 2 story inflatable slide that is on the beach. The beach slide is not included in the day pass. One ride is $4. You can ride 4 times for $10.00 and you can get a 2 hour pass or an all day pass for @$25-$35. We bought the $10 passes, the kids rode 4 times, they loved it and then they went back to all the other pool and beach things they wanted to do.

For extra fees, you can rent snorkel equipment (there are rocky areas off shore with fish), stand up paddle boards, kayaks, paddle boats and jet skis.

There were a few vendors on the beach, but they were not pushy and did not approach us at all.

My sister had a conference call while we were at the Sheraton and she loved sitting in the lobby working, but still feeling as if she was on vacation. The lobby is very modern and has comfortable seating. There is a deli in the lobby as you go out to the beach. You can get sodas, water and sandwiches, which was all we wanted that day as we ate lunch at Twin Brothers at Fish Fry.

We really enjoyed the Sheraton and would go back again for a great beach day.

Thanks for the review Marv, did you happen to get any pictures? We are planning on going there in Sept....

I paid cash for the slide, I don't remember if they took credit cards.

The taxi was 39 dollars for 6 people, each way ($27 for 1st 2 people, $3 per person for the rest). We only took a taxi because the Allure leaves Nassau early and all aboard was 2:30 pm. If we had more time we would have taken the jitney which is about $2.00/person.

The beach was not at all crowded the day we were there. There was plenty of room to spread out and relax.

The pics show the slide, some of the loungers with the construction in the background behind the guy in the blue t-shirt, and how empty the water was when we were there.

Thanks for the review Marv, did you happen to get any pictures? We are planning on going there in Sept....

I'm trying. Hope this works. We were there last month. On the third picture, the Sheraton is in the background, and that big blue thing to the right is the slide.

photo(2).jpg.9cb993c94f3d6246c48c81369b292da1.jpg

photo(3).jpg.ebbd74e5e7f7672bfe94b759424ccb46.jpg

photo(4).jpg.19c0f98c4aba799a8a7611e2e008854d.jpg

Can the jitney transportation be used by people with mobility issues? My husband uses a walker or sometimes a wheelchair and I am wondering if it might be better to get a taxi for him. Any ideas?

Can the jitney transportation be used by people with mobility issues? My husband uses a walker or sometimes a wheelchair and I am wondering if it might be better to get a taxi for him. Any ideas?

Taxi would be a better solution for those who have mobility issues. Not only would they have to cross a busy street, but there is an incline getting to the entrance. No room on the bus for a wheelchair.

Archived