Germaine's Luau in Honolulu

Kayelache

We will be sailing on the Wind on Sat., May 21. We will arrive in Honolulu on Thrusday, the 19th at noon, and would like to do Germaine's Luau. I understand that they have pickups from the various hotels. Does anyone know about what time? We will be staying at the Renaissance Ilikai. Will we have time to get from the airport to the hotel (we will have a rental car) and get checked in before going to the luau? Would it be better to plan it for Friday? We want to drive around the island, and hopefully do some snorkeling that day, would the luau cut our day of exploring Oahu? Any suggestions?

Karen

You should easily be able to get from the airport to your hotel, check in and relax a bit before the bus picks you up for Germaine's. At the latest, I'd expect you to be at the hotel by 3 pm.

Then you have all day Friday to explore Oahu without having to worry about missing the luau! :)

Spleen

Our pickup time at the Ocean Resort was 4:30 but the bus didn't leave till 5:00. They have a coupon in the entertainment book for 25 % off. I personally didn't care for the luau and wouldn't do it again.

Germaine's picked us up at the Aston Waikiki at 4:45PM. Based on distance, I'd assume pickup at the Renaissance would be around 4-4:15PM (it takes a bit to get everybody onboard and organized). Regardless, you should have plenty of time. We enjoyed the luau; however, we wouldn't do one again. It's fun and the food/drinks were good. It's just not the type of thing I'd like to do more than once.

I'd recommend the luau for Thurs and your sightseeing for Friday.

FYI...if you plan to do snorkling at Haunama Bay, get there early! We got there a bit before 8am and it was beautiful, clear and quiet. By the time we left around 10:00 am, there was a LONG wait to get down to the beach.

Archived