music on the Grand

MsJ

Hi..we are trying to decide betwen the Grand Princess or the HAL Veendam. We were on the Zuiderdam this past Feb and my husband said he was disappointed int he fact that the musicians only played live music 2 nights in the dining room and that the music in the shows was canned music. I guess on other cruises they had orchestras playing...I do remember one not sure which though...and also when we were on the Constellation the quartet played every night at dinner...anyway..none of this matters to me but he seems stuck on this issue right now...Can anyone tell me if there is live music during dinner and if in the shows its an orchestra and not prerecorded music????? we were on the Ocean princess in 2001 to Alaska and to be honest I just can't remember what the music set up was.....Thanks Marianne

hi,

there is live music every night in the dining room,mostly happy birthday;)

no,just kidding, there was one or two nights string quartett music,the days when they played in the atrium, but if its always?

Shows mostly canned unless playing an instrument was part of it.

Berliner

They have a band every night in the Wheelhouse bar as well as the Explorers lounge. My last cruise on the Grand in Dec had a terrific band that played in other areas of the ship as well at night. They also have a piano bar with someone playing all night. There is tons of music all over the ship. Never heard any music in the dining room though.

Archived