Evening/Dinner Wear on Infinity Alaska in July

Robin122

First time on Celebrity.

Ok, to start off, if I understand correctly, there are 2 formal, 2 informal and 3 casual nights on the 7 night AK, right?

Now, what constitues those 3 categories on this ship?

I am guessing we will not participate in formal nights because we don't have formal wear. Hubby and I are both ummm... fluffy and tux rentals are near impossible for him and I don't have full length formals. I do have nice dresses (nicer than 'church dress') but not full length. (for example, I have this one in fuchsia) Hubby does have a lovely plair of black dress pants, burgandy shirt and a med/dark grey jacket but HATES to wear a tie. Assuming they still fit him :rolleyes: and if I got him in a tie, would that work for formal night (and my dress linked above) or would that be too casual?

Can hubby and son (7) wear Dockers type slacks and a Polo shirt on the other nights? Or would that be considered casual nights only?

I would rather miss some nights than to be embarrased because we were under dressed. (at least there's no 'short pants' questions for my son since we'll be in a cooler climate... tee hee)

Thanks!

Robin

Now Celebrity only have two types of nights: Formal and Smart Casual

on a 7 day cruise there will be 2 formal.

As a practical matter, the slacks, shirt and sportcoat will work just fine for formal nights-have him take the tie, he can probably skip it but that way if there is a problem at the door to the dining room, at least he will have it in the cabin. Your nice dress will be fine, you absolutely do not need a long gown.

For the smart casual nights, dockers and polo shirts would be perfect.

Alaskan cruises tend to be a bit more casual. There will be some people that are very dressed up, some will seem more casual, but you will see everything, and what you describe is fine.

Archived