Carry on Snacks

CRUISE4JANE

Isn't it okay to carry on snacks like granola bars and fruit snacks. Also how much water? I can't remember if it was a 12 pack or 24.

Yes you can.

12 pp

Soda and water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be okay to bring them in those little baggies or do they have to be in original container?

Sealed as in factory sealed, not exposed to anything on the ship.

It is against the law .. I dont think its right to break the laws where you are a visitor... they dont want the chance you could bring in some bugs that would affect their agriculture.

Please dont smuggle food off the ship. bring a sealed box of cereal from breakfast if you dont have other sealed food for emergencies. I never have gone hungry, plenty of food to buy in ports. The breakfast buffet they will have those little boxes of cherios and other cereal that is sealed and allowed.

this isnt like smuggling booze on carnival .. this is breaking the law of another country.

Not on the exact same subject, but dont buy a foo foo drink and expect to carry it off the ship either, as it has fruit in it. You will have to deposit it when you exit the ship .. lots of drinks wasted that way.

You can bring foo foo drinks you buy in the port back on the ship however .. carnival doesnt care.

It is against the law .. I dont think its right to break the laws where you are a visitor... they dont want the chance you could bring in some bugs that would affect their agriculture.

Please dont smuggle food off the ship. bring a sealed box of cereal from breakfast if you dont have other sealed food for emergencies. I never have gone hungry, plenty of food to buy in ports. The breakfast buffet they will have those little boxes of cherios and other cereal that is sealed and allowed.

this isnt like smuggling booze on carnival .. this is breaking the law of another country.

I would never do anything that is against the law. I heard some people mention you had to put things in those plastic baggies. These snacks are just that.....a snack before or after lunch. We always buy our lunch when in port. We are not doing this to be cheap, plus I have never smuggled either and don't intend to.

Actually, the law may vary by country. Usually things like fruit and uncooked meats aren't allowed (deli meat may be fine) or large quantities of strange food. But a Baggie of say, goldfish crackers, wouldn't necessarily cross a legal line. Check with the customs rules of the country to be visited if you are unsure what to bring off the ship. When in doubt, stick to factory sealed stuff, but know that open things are not always illegal.

Archived