Recommendations for diving in Grand Cayman for kids

4Ollies

The boys were just certified and are 10. There are so many options to dive in GC that I don't know where to start. They will be diving with their dad. They will have lots of lake dives by the time we get there the first of October so they should be pretty comfortable diving.

I am familiar with Eden and Sunset and not Turtle

you can do an easy shore dive MANY places around the island, if you are an experienced Cayman diver

more important, in this case .. for the OP, there are dive shops at these locations so you can rent all gear needed AND arrange a guide (dive master) if you would be more comfortable with one.

There are a TON of other shore diving sites on Cayman .... these are the two I recommend for your situation

certified diver for 40+ years sends .... hundreds of dives in Cayman since the mid 80's .. most at/thru Sunset House

junior certification restricts them to 40 feet

I'd recommend shore dives at Eden Rock or Sunset House . . .

you can find plenty of info about both here and at their own web sites.

Olin Miller took over divetech's location at Turtle Reef a while back. Has a great place to go shore diving - easy entry, less traffic, has gear rental. Dive shop is called Sun Divers - you can google it. Among the best shore diving sites on the island - my favorite - and very popular with dive resort visitors - great night dive too. It's an easy swim out to the mini-wall - about 40 feet in depth. Few divers off of cruise ships will make the effort to come here - seems most prefer to stay closer to town. Probably a 30 minute cab ride from tender port - just past cemetary.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely do some research on the places suggested. Hard to know who you can trust especially since they will have all three of my boys, two of them being new divers and under 11.

Archived