Miami air charter through princess

azgrandmax3

Trying to get answers about our future flight from Miami to Brazil. Called Miami Air and they sent us elsewhere. Wondering how much checked luggage and if it is free? Also will food be served since it is a 6 hour flight. Will be our first time on Miami Air Charter. Thanks for any suggestions.

Trying to get answers about our future flight from Miami to Brazil. Called Miami Air and they sent us elsewhere. Wondering how much checked luggage and if it is free? Also will food be served since it is a 6 hour flight. Will be our first time on Miami Air Charter. Thanks for any suggestions.

Are you making your flight arrangements through Princess Air? Has Princess Air arranged for a charter from Miami to Brazil? I have worked at MIA. Miami Air, to the best of my knowledge only charters the full plane. They are 737s. So it would seem if Princess would to have enough passengers to fill the plane for it to work.

Here is their website.

http://www.miamiair.com/

Yes, due to limited direct flight to/from Manaus Princess Cruises uses charter flights. You should call 1-800-Princess and ask to speak to the air department who handles the charter flights. I did a Princess charter flight from Acapulco/LAX and checked bags and meal were included in the flight cost. Once you arrive in Miami you'll probably checkin at the Miami air counter and check your luggage into Manaus. Princess staff should be at the check in counter to assist. As a recall Princess sent us charter instructions/flights times along with our cruise tickets and/or instructions should also be available on your Cruise Personalizer at Princess.com in the air section. I would think each passenger should be allow 2 bags within a certain standard weight allowance for international flights. You should just call and confirm.

With the Princess charter to Manaus, expect a *mandatory* "overnight" at a hotel as part of what you have to get. When we did it, they were actually using Omni Air (and be glad they're not using that, a 737 is likely far more comfortable than what we were on). We were permitted 2 bags, I think theoretically it might have been a 50 pound limit, but I'm also pretty sure they weren't weighing things. I put overnight in quotes, because the reality was the flight left at around 1am or so, and they shuttled us over from the hotel somewhat earlier than that, to what has to be a terminal at MIA that's been completely forgotten about and hasn't been updated since about the dawn of air travel. Not sure if the flight is really 6 hours, I think I vaguely remember it being a little shorter than I expected (mercifully), there's an hour or two of time difference between Miami and Manaus. They did serve breakfast, somewhere around 4am in some time zone (at 4am it doesn't really matter what time zone you're in, it's still brutal :) ).

Thanks for your replies. You have been helpful. The Miami Air is a Charter that Princess is selling. No night before hotel has even been mentioned. I suspect that is because our flight is not till noon. All advice is welcome. Still need to find a park, stay and fly in the Miami area. Miami is new to us for finding hotels etc. Joyce

Archived