Contacting the ship while in port?

jwolf24601

I'm trying to make a list of emergency numbers to carry with me while in port but I can not seem to find phone numbers for either Carnival offices in port or the ship itself.

Anyone know where I could find out this information?

Carnival intentionally makes it very difficult to locate the ship's local cellphone numbers. (the easiest - cheapest way to contact the ship).

Sometimes you can obtain these numbers from the junior officers (you'll never get 'em from any senior officer).

Occasionally, someone at the port agent's office will give you the cell numbers.

Otherwise, you have two options.

A. Use the ship's satellite phone number (easily available on the cruise line web site - but expensive at around $ 9.00 per minute); or

B. Call the ship's port agent. (This number will usually be found on each day's ship's program).

If your concern is someone contacting you; very simple:

A. Give them the satellite number; or,

B. Give them your cellphone number.

I'm trying to make a list of emergency numbers to carry with me while in port but I can not seem to find phone numbers for either Carnival offices in port or the ship itself.

Anyone know where I could find out this information?

This is what I always do.

You and a family member sign up (just like cruise critic) to Carnivals Forum.

You can keep in constant contact with family members. I always checked twice a day on the forum....even if we just chatted and let everyone know we were having a great time.

This service is FREE on their computers on the ship and their is even a section called "CURRENTLY ONBOARD" This is where families keep in touch...NO COST.

Archived