Any pics of Epic connecting room doors ?

SASA13

HI All, I am getting ready to book another Epic Adventure, and I am thinking about a Family Connecting Baloncy cabin. I know that the "connecting door" cuts down on some shelf and closet space, and I was wondering how much less space I will have. It may be worth it, as a lot of these cabins have a bigger balcony than most ( my reason for looking at this catagory of cabins). I remember seeing a pic last year, but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

***We loved the Epic so much last December, we will be cruising her again this December ***

This picture comes from sdmike's review found Here

Here is the picture of the shelf you can fold down in the connecting door:

1292-vi.jpg

The rooms have a very large amount of storage so you probably wouldn't notice the lost space very much.

However, all the balconies can be opened up to connect with your neighbor so a better option might be to book a room without the connecting door and just pass though via the balcony.

We are just off the Epic on Sunday where we had connecting cabins. NCL would not open the partition between the balconies, so I am glad we had booked the cabins with the door between them. Also, they did not have the door unlocked. The steward had to hunt down a supervisor to do this which took a few hours.

Just warning you that the door between the cabins is very heavy. It must be a fire door. We could not keep it propped open even with a suitcase. It is too far off the ground for a wedge. Be careful if you have little kids in the next room.

Loved the Epic. You will have a great time.

We are just off the Epic on Sunday where we had connecting cabins. NCL would not open the partition between the balconies, so I am glad we had booked the cabins with the door between them. Also, they did not have the door unlocked. The steward had to hunt down a supervisor to do this which took a few hours.

Just warning you that the door between the cabins is very heavy. It must be a fire door. We could not keep it propped open even with a suitcase. It is too far off the ground for a wedge. Be careful if you have little kids in the next room.

Any pics? Would you mind sharing?

Its true that they won't open the partitions sometimes, but the lock is just a square hole that can be opened on your own. I believe sdmike used a bunch of small coffee straws to open one.

If you want them open I would just do it yourself rather then ask, better to ask forgiveness after all.

Its true that they won't open the partitions sometimes, but the lock is just a square hole that can be opened on your own. I believe sdmike used a bunch of small coffee straws to open one.

If you want them open I would just do it yourself rather then ask, better to ask forgiveness after all.

We brought a multi-tool just for this purpose. We could not turn the lock. I don't know if ours was just difficult or if they have done something to permanently close them.

Any pics? Would you mind sharing?

I don't have any pictures, but the one posted above is pretty accurate. Our door would slam shut and was very heavy. I don't know if they changed the hinges. My husband thought it closed because of fire protection.

Archived