Where do people park?

Hi everyone,

Our first cruise will be in November this year. Going on Carnival spirit with hubby and the kids. Can't wait!!!! Anyway, we live a couple of hours away so we need to get to the ship somehow. Just wondering if you drive and park your car somewhere for the week or do you think it would be better to catch the train into the city? What are the options?

thanks

Depends on where you live & how convenient the train line is to you.

The Carnival Spirit docks at the Overseas Passenger Terminal, at Circular Quay. If you catch the train to Central, you can then transfer to the City Loop which takes you directly to Circular Quay and you can walk the last 200m. Dead easy.

Living in Canberra, I catch the bus to Central, train to Circular Quay, then walk around to the OPT.

Hi everyone,

Our first cruise will be in November this year. Going on Carnival spirit with hubby and the kids. Can't wait!!!! Anyway, we live a couple of hours away so we need to get to the ship somehow. Just wondering if you drive and park your car somewhere for the week or do you think it would be better to catch the train into the city? What are the options?

thanks

i agree if you can catch the train its much better, the parking in the city is not cheap

When I lived in Canberra I used to catch the bus and then train very convenient..now I live on the Central Coast it depends..when its just me I catch the train when its the whole family it was cheaper to hire a limo to pick us up at home plus all the luggage and drop us off at the wharf we let them know the time we were getting off and they were there to pick us up..the kids loved it.

Sue

We have parked at the Darling harbour car park while we have been cruising. It was a couple of years ago, but I believe they still offer long term cruise parking.

Here is a link to their site, if you contact them I am sure they can let you know what the story is.

http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/wilson-car-parks/nsw/harbourside

The next link is for a car park closer to the OPT, I have not used this one but understand they also do cruise parking.

http://www.interparkaust.com.au/nsw/bond-store-one/index

Whenever possible, we try to catch a train in and not worry about parking in the city area as it is an extra expense as others have mentioned.

Another alternatve is to park at the park and fly near the airport. They do complimentary shuttle rides to the airport and you csn catch the train from there. However if there is more than 2 of you, you might find it cheaper to get a taxi to the OPT :)

Archived