Chefs Table Confirmed, but i have a few questions?

Winning

OK so me And my husband are confirmed for reservations for the chefs table yay! I have a couple of questions.

#1 my husband is not a wine drinker, more of a Jack and coke drinker, can he order these and add them to the s&s card.

#2 how long does it usually last?

#3 what days and what time do they usually have it on?

I think these are all the questions I have for now, look forward to your answers.

#1 my husband is not a wine drinker, more of a Jack and coke drinker, can he order these and add them to the s&s card.

Hmm, I did not see anyone order anything else. Doesn;t mean you can't...

Over three hours.

On our five day on the Elation it was day three.

Kevin C

OK so me And my husband are confirmed for reservations for the chefs table yay! I have a couple of questions.

Yes, you can order anything from the bar, just like dinning at MDR.

In my case, it was about 3.5 hours.

It was the 3rd day of the cruise for us.

I think these are all the questions I have for now, look forward to your answers.

It's a wonderful experience to have. You will enjoy it!

I'm pretty sure ladies can wear those, though it's a different story for dudes.

Anyway, I happen to have the menu from our last Chef's table with me, so here it is:

Reception:

Ahi Tuna Tartar

Wasabi Crisp

Duck Pot Sticker

Steak Taco

Avocado Cheesecake

Menu:

Norwegian Salmon Tartar

Fire Roasted Tomato and Poblano Chili Bisque

Rock Srimps and Apple Beignets

Chopped Mediterranean Salad

Fillets of Chilean Sea Bass

Aged Filet Mignon

Special-Made Chocolate Melting Cake (with a surprise from the Chef)

Of course, don't forget that all-you-can-drink wine.

You will love Chef's Table! It is a great experience. If you are going to wear open toed shoes make sure they don't have heals. We have participated in the Chef's table twice and each time a lady wore heels and each time they slipped when we were walking through the galley. The last time the Chef looked at the lady and said "that is why we suggest no heels." It was hard not to laugh. The galley is no place for heels. I have worn open toed flat shoes each time without a problem. Have fun! I have also read on here that the menu has changed from what was posted on here. If you don't like something or can't eat it. Let the Chef know when he visits your table and they will make you something else. I can't eat fish so they always substitute something else.

You will get invitation and letter from the chef the day before the event. The letter tells you how to contact the chef with any of your dietary restriction due to food allergy or religious belief.

From what I had been told by our chef, each designed his own menu, with a fixed max material cost imposed by bean counter at hq. We paid $75 each for our last Chef's Table, it's a great deal if you are a wine drinker. They served the wine that was listed for $43 from wine list in MDR.

The way I booked mine was I emailed them at groupeventplanning@carnival.com

Subject is: chefs table request

Your name

# of guests wanting to attend

Name of ship

Sail date

Booking #

Cabin #

Send them an email with this information and they will Hey back to you within 3-4 days with an ansewer,good luck.

Thanks for the info i hope it works

My husband does not drink wine. We were "visited" at our regular dining room seating ahead of time re: the Chef's Table where they asked if we had food allergies, etc. My husband asked if he could order a beer instead of the "endless wine" and was told "yes, no problem".

At the Chef's Table, a waiter very discreetly came up to my husband and said something to the effect of "sir, I understand you prefer beer, not wine". I am embarrassed to admit that we had an *awesome* table, we were ALL enjoying the wine at that point (including my husband) and the beer was no longer a priority lol. My husband thanked the waiter and said "nah, the wine is fine". LOL. Loved the Chef's Table :)

~Denise

Yes I wear open toed shoes all the time when we do Chef's Table. You are going to love it!

Just make sure they are flats/no heels, as the mats in the galley have holes in them and you could trip plus floor may be a little slippery-for whatever reason, they want closed toe shoes for safety-not sure why but my guess is that they had a problem before and are looking out for their guests.

You will love CT. I think you can order the drinks and they will be on your charge slip you will sign at the end of the night.

I just booked ours last night for a cruise in August. I was excited to find out even the Imagination 3 night offers it!!! I emailed the maitre'd direct. Had a response in an hour.

I did wear open toe pumps last year. It was ok. There is some walking and as others mentioned the mats in the galley. I wore a nice dress and probably was a little more over dressed compared to some.

The wine was good. You could choose white or red and the glass never went dry :)

Ours lasted about 3 hours and took t least a week to recover from all of the food :)

Anyway, I happen to have the menu from our last Chef's table with me, so here it is:

Reception:

Ahi Tuna Tartar

Wasabi Crisp

Duck Pot Sticker

Steak Taco

Avocado Cheesecake

Menu:

Norwegian Salmon Tartar

Aged Filet Mignon

That's the old menu. Some ships doing cornish game hens.

That's the old menu. Some ships doing cornish game hens.

Reception:

Ahi Tuna Tartar

Wasabi Crisp

Duck Pot Sticker

Steak Taco

Avocado Cheesecake

Menu:

Norwegian Salmon Tartar

Aged Filet Mignon

Our was very similar to this

Menu:

Beef Carpaccio

Fried Calamari

Aged Filet Mignon

Attached is a copy of the invitation we received. I tried to upload a few other pictures, but it keeps throwing error :(

100_3440.jpg.59a307b26118251660fb49f0112115b9.jpg

Archived