Sailing from San Diego - need hotel

CRUISEOFTEN,

We just got off the RYNDAM last month and we stayed at the TOWN AND COUNTRY that's the name of the resort.

It was really nice, i got on hotwire and payed $60 a night for the room.

It is a complete resort with three swimming pools and resturants etc.

SAN DIEGO'S largest mall is right behind , a short walk from the resort and you can get the train into town behind the resort also.

It is only about a 10 minute ride by train into SAN DIEGO, less by car.

I parked right across the street from the cruise terminal.

JIM

I just booked a room at the Bayside Best Wertern. It was $169 for first night and $135 for second night. It includes continental breakfast and shuttle to airport and cruise port. The reason the first night is more is because we can leave our auto there while we take our cruise. If you don't have a car then it would be just $135 each night. The telephone is 800-341-1818.

Thank you both for replying - been trying to get into this thread for days now but my IE broweser kept cutting out - now on Safari and that seems to work .

The Town and Country sounds lovely Jim, but as we're only be overnighting think we'll go with Carol's suggestion.

Carol, am I right in thinking that there's a free shuttle from the airport? Also perhaps to the pier? :)

Hey! Thanks guys - I'm checking them out - it's a busy time and we're going to have to commit to something real soon -- working on an air fare right now - think we're going to have to pay top $................keep telling myself that 'it's only money'........ :rolleyes: :)

Hey! Thanks guys - I'm checking them out - it's a busy time and we're going to have to commit to something real soon -- working on an air fare right now - think we're going to have to pay top $................keep telling myself that 'it's only money'........ :rolleyes: :)

If you simply want a place for one night -nothing fancy, you might try the Bayview Super 8. It is about 8-10 blocks from the pier. They have a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport and take you to the pier. It is a basic, but clean motel with friendly staff who are willing to help in any way. I think it is about $70.00 a night. When we stayed in January of this year, they were in the process of remodeling so there is some noise during the day but quiet at night. It is in the Little Italy section of San Diego with great Italian restaurants with walking distance.

• 1 month later...

We have looked at Pacific Inn Hotel and it's sister property Marina Inn. They are within walking distance of the port.

Marina is $99 with one night stay and parking for 8 nights. It doesn't have a secure parking but we have left our car and spoke to the night guy.

This is might be of Motel 6 quality. It's been 2 yrs since we used them when we couldn't find anywhere else. 619-232-7551 the 800-571-2933 always seems to be busy. Pacific is 800-571-2922 a few steps farther from the port than Marina.

This might not help you but maybe someone else. Marge

There seems to be many threads on hotels for San Diego and several have mentioned Super 8 Bayview.

I have just got off the phone with them and they do not have parking for cruise clients. 800-537-9902

• 3 weeks later...

was in san diego the end of april, did a harbor cruise, there is an holiday-inn right across the street from the pier. no need for taxi if you have luggage on wheels. the ss midway is right there also, she is a muesum now. lots to do and see close by. old town is pretty close as well.

The hotel is right across the street from the terminal, and we have stayed there many times. You literally can wheel your bags across the street, but the hotel will shuttle you over, as well. Just let them know ahead of time. Now, this is the confusing part. There are 3 Holiday Inns in San Diego, with similar names. The one you want is Holiday Inn on the Bay. (Not Bayview or Bayside). Be very careful that you get the right one. There are even 2 H.Inns on Harbor Dr., which adds to the confusion. If you stay on the ocean side of the hotel, you have a nice view. If you stay on the city side, be aware that the train station is about 2 blocks away and you get noise from the arriving and departing trains. They even supply earplugs with the toiletry amenities...

Hope this helps,

Karen

Archived