Just off the Maiden voyage of Breeze this morning (6/15)...ask if you have questions

If you have any questions, please ask away and I will do my best to answer them. The cruise was amazing, and we really loved the ship.....the new designer did wonders for the interior. So ask away. Still in Barcelona, so I will answer as I get time.

What tour did you take in Rome? There are several listed as options and we are not sure which one would give us the most time in Rome, and see the most.

Q: What tour did you take in Rome? There are several listed as options and we are not sure which one would give us the most time in Rome, and see the most.

A: Rome at its Best. Started at the Vatican, headed to lunch, then to Coliseum (went inside it), then off to Trevi Fountain. I believe we walked by the Spanish Steps. There is so much to see over there, that it is hard to do it in a day.

Q: I am not a platinum guest so I don't have free laundry. Do they charge a washer/dryer fee if you do it yourself in the laundry room?

A: I believe that the washers took quarters. Hopefully someone else can verify this. We used the free laundry option available to us twice, and it was great.

Washers and dryers don't take money anymore. You use your sail and sign card to buy soap, and activate washers and dryers.

Charge is $1.75 for soap, $3 for washer (28 minutes), $3 for dryer (48 minutes)

I know the order is off, but do these look like the menus you had on your cruise?

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/breeze12/index.htm

I was a little disappointed in the menus because, at least on the Dream and Magic they had BBQ ribs on the first night or so. Never saw them on Breeze. They did have a few new items though.

Two things we did out of the ordinary:

We did go by Stromboli even though they said we couldn't. We just didn't come as close to it as we did in the past on Dream and Magic.

We only had one formal night because the cruise was so port intensive. Normally there are two formal nights on a 12-day.

I will just add a few things from experience on the inaugural:

Do try Jimmy C's BBQ. It's only on sea days but delicious.

Do try Guy's Burgers. I ate there three times and they are great.

Do try the Blue Iguana grill. We had a burrito made to order and tacos made to order. Fresh tortillas and yummy.

The fact that they show the shows several different nights and give you a schedule is awesome. We were able to decide what nights we wanted to see Latin Nights, the Motown show, etc and were able to make our own schedule.

The comedy club was a lot of fun. The brunch was okay but the French toast was totally over the top and too rich for me. They rolled Texas Toast in cereal and then grilled it. Mac and Cheese is great but a whole meal, not a side dish.

Excursions in Sardinia were boring by all reports (ours was numbingly so). Go to the beach if you get the chance.

Spa is beautiful and fitness center is large and nice.

555 Steakhouse was really wonderful, delicious--worth the price.

Q: I know your cabin wasn't in this area at all but maybe you know somebody whose was? Are the balconies on Spa Deck 12 covered, or can people on Serenity look down at you?

A: From what I could tell, there is no way for them to look down on you especially if you are on the deck directly below.

Q: Are there enough things for young children to do (3 1/2)?

A: There were lots of small kids on the ship and they seemed to have a good time. Our kids are grown, so we did not need this service. Hopefully someone who did use it can comment.

Q: Are there any shows that are appropriate?

A: For 3 1/2, that may be tough from a show perspective as they are loud with lots of lights.

I will be on the Breeze in September and hope to have early coffee in my room. Are there coffee pots in the rooms, or somewhere to get coffee the night before, or only room service?

I will be on the Breeze in September and hope to have early coffee in my room. Are there coffee pots in the rooms, or somewhere to get coffee the night before, or only room service?

Carnival doesn't provide coffee makers in the room. You can order coffee through room service, but I'm not sure about your question of getting coffee the night before. Did you want to get a cup of coffee at night and keep it in your room??

Q: I will be on the Breeze in September and hope to have early coffee in my room. Are there coffee pots in the rooms, or somewhere to get coffee the night before, or only room service?

A: No coffee pots in room. We were on Vista deck (deck9) right below the Lido Marketplace, so it was easy for us to go upstairs (1 flight) and get coffee, and then go down to the room.

Q: Just wondering about the ability to see onto the deck 12 balconies from the serenity deck? I am booked into room 12002 on the October 1st cruise. Not that it really bothers me, but I was wondering how much people can see from above? Thanks

A: Nothing. The deck extends over the balconies, so there is absolutely no way to see down from this deck.

LOL apparently I'm not the only one who was concerned about this! Thank you so much!

LOL apparently I'm not the only one who was concerned about this! Thank you so much!

Yeah! I wasn't concerned but wanted to know... Have you managed to find any photos taken looking down from the serenity deck??

Great job! Thanks!

A couple of posts in one of the other Breeze threads mention Fish and Chips in the Lido Marketplace. I asked about this but got no response. Did you find it?

Q: A couple of posts in one of the other Breeze threads mention Fish and Chips in the Lido Marketplace. I asked about this but got no response. Did you find it?

A: Actually I did not....never thought about it. Sorry I couldn't answer that one.

Q: A couple of posts in one of the other Breeze threads mention Fish and Chips in the Lido Marketplace. I asked about this but got no response. Did you find it?

A: Actually I did not....never thought about it. Sorry I couldn't answer that one.

No worries. Can you pop back on board to check? :D

Q: is Jimmy's seaside BBQ venue really only open on sea days? We only have 2 on our 8 day. That would stink. However, I'm certain there are plenty of other fattening options :)

The 8 day itineraries have 3 sea days and visit 4 ports, usually on days 3 through 6.

I know your cabin wasn't in this area at all but maybe you know somebody whose was? Are the balconies on Spa Deck 12 covered, or can people on Serenity look down at you?

Just got off the Magic - we were in a Deck 12 spa cabin and I think its the same as the breeze. It is NOT covered but no one can look down on you - on the Dream this is an issue. When we looked up from our balcony 12010 we could only see a slanted solid glass wall from the spa area. Very private. We plan to book the same cabin for the Breeze in 2013.

Archived