VIP Limo in Port Canaveral

monettex

So from reading here it sounds to me like this is a reliable mode of transportation. Just wanted to double check.

They said I would need to pay when I get picked up, which seemed weird because most companies require up front payment. It almost makes me nervous not paying up front because what if they don't show up, not like I even paid them yet.

It was only $100 for a minivan for 4 adults and baby, which is great, cheaper than others I've found. This is from PC to Orlando airport.

We used VIP Executive a couple of years ago and they were very reliable. Mike was at the hotel early on embarkation day. He communicated with us on the morning we left the ship with specifics about where to meet. It was seamless and we have been using car service ever since!

We used them in January. Maureen picked us up. She was wonderful. Even stopped at a few stores so I could get some things we needed before our cruise. Would use them again if we were going out of PC..

We used them in May.

Michael called us before we left for the cruise to make sure things are set up for meeting them after the cruise and called the morning on the last day to see what time we were getting off.

Then the driver called us when got off so we could find him.

Paid when all arrived at MCO.

Yes would use them again.

I just talked to Michael too and he seems like a great guy it is a family owned business. We are looking into a cruise in January and in pricing a van for 6 of us and factoring in Tolls, gas and driving and hasle. It would be way better getting a stretch limo at right about the same price. Thanks for posting about this place.

We seem to be the only ones that have had a problem with VIP Executive. We used them 2 weeks ago for a pickup at the Hyatt in Orlando to take us to the port. We waited an hour in the lobby because Mike was late picking us up because the people before us decided to take their time getting off the ship. Mike told us "you don't need to get to the port early anyway. Anytime before 3 is good." However, since I was paying, I wanted to get to the port when I wanted too! Since the people before us reserved the limo, we got picked up in that for the same price as van, however, we would have rather been picked up on time with a van.

We would not use them again, and I would not recommend them if you want to be to the ship when you want too vs. when he thinks you should be.

We seem to be the only ones that have had a problem with VIP Executive. We used them 2 weeks ago for a pickup at the Hyatt in Orlando to take us to the port. We waited an hour in the lobby because Mike was late picking us up because the people before us decided to take their time getting off the ship. Mike told us "you don't need to get to the port early anyway. Anytime before 3 is good." However, since I was paying, I wanted to get to the port when I wanted too! Since the people before us reserved the limo, we got picked up in that for the same price as van, however, we would have rather been picked up on time with a van.

We would not use them again, and I would not recommend them if you want to be to the ship when you want too vs. when he thinks you should be.

I'm with you. I would never use them again. We hired them to take us from Pt Canaveral to MCO in Oct. Michael's wife picked us up with a broken hand so she was unable to lift our luggage. Good thing my DH and DS were with me because there's no way I could lift all that luggage into the minivan. Speaking of the minivan, it was a very OLD one - not what I expect when I hire a limo service :eek: Also, she was late getting to us - her excuse was that she had a power outage at her house and her son was home alone. Well, not to sound uncaring, but I hired her company to pick me up at a certain time when I got off the ship - her personal issues are not my problem. Very poor customer service IMO.

Michael's response was to offer me a small % discount off next time I book them, however there won't be a next time :rolleyes: I would definitely shop around for something else - their price may be better than some others, but it's true that you get what you pay for ;)

At the last minute when I was confirming our reservations Michael added Florida tax to the rate he had quoted me for transport to Port Canaveral. I was suspicious and decided to cancel our reservations. None of the other shuttle companies added Florida tax. I wonder if he really pays Florida tax or puts the additional funds in his pocket.

Green Eyed Lady, I am so relieved to hear that it just wasn't something with us. It's funny that they came up with a story for you too about why they weren't there on time. I heard that the ship delayed people getting off that morning that's why he didn't get to us on time. I asked when I got on board and they told me absolutely not, in fact people got off earlier than normal!

I do not know about the Florida tax because we were just given one rate which was $130, but you had good intuition to cancel, I wish I did!

At least now it's out there so if it happens to anyone else they should not be surprised.

Have used this company twice and the service was great.

Sometimes things happen.

Someone received a limo for the price of a van and

was not pleased because the driver was late.

BOO HOO

Someone was not happy because the driver had a broken

hand and was concened about the luggage [thats what the

porters are there for]

WHAT PRINCESS ARE YOU

I can see posting that your transportation never showed,

or your credit card was double billed, or something was

stolen.

Not for petty stuff please, get a life.

Sometimes things happen.

BOO HOO

porters are there for]

WHAT PRINCESS ARE YOU

stolen.

Not petty at all. When I pay for a service, I expect to get what I paid for. The porters are not there to load the luggage into the into the car that I hired - as far as I'm concerned, that's the drivers responsibility :rolleyes:

And yes according to my family, I AM a princess and loving it :D:D:D

Sometimes things happen.

BOO HOO

porters are there for]

WHAT PRINCESS ARE YOU

stolen.

Thanks for telling us what YOU see we can post/not post and what's petty. They say the third time is the charm, so hopefully next time you will be left at the port or the airport holding your own suitcase.

I too am a princess and loving it too :D!

To everyone else out there, you have been warned!

thanks for telling us what you see we can post/not post and what's petty. They say the third time is the charm, so hopefully next time you will be left at the port or the airport holding your own suitcase.

I too am a princess and loving it too :d!

To everyone else out there, you have been warned!

lol :D :) :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from our Freedom of the seas cruise today. We used VIP limo for transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral and back to MCO today after the cruise. Everything went absolutely perfect!!! When our flight landed I was contacted by our driver (Dan) before we even made it to baggage claim. I was instructed to call him back as soon as we claimed our luggage and he would pick us up. Sure enough as soon as we found all of our bags I give him a call and bye the time we walked to the curb he was there. Absolutely no waiting at all. This morning I received a call from Dan before 8 am and was asked what time we were scheduled to leave the ship. I told him we were scheduled for a 9 am departure and he said to just give him a call when we clear customs. We ended up being delayed and we were not called to leave the ship until after 9:30. Once we cleared customs I give Dan a call and sure enough, there he was waiting for us. Absolutely no waiting at all. I can't say enough good things about the service we received. I was a bit concerned after reading this thread just before we left home but everything went exactly as planned. I will definately use vip again if I sail out of Port Canaveral and I highly recommend them to anyone who doesn't want to wait for a bus to fill or doesn't want to rent a car.

What kind of vehicle did you get when using this Company? We are a party of 2 and have been given a good price, Just wondering what we may be getting.

We were a party of 3 and were picked up in a blue minivan. It was not a "brand new" van, but it was clean, reliable and by no means was it old and run down. We were given the choice of the van or a limo. The price was very good for the van so we opted for it. Great service!

We were a party of 3 and were picked up in a blue minivan. It was not a "brand new" van, but it was clean, reliable and by no means was it old and run down. We were given the choice of the van or a limo. The price was very good for the van so we opted for it. Great service!

Thanks, I am hoping it is for a limo for the price. I again don't know. I sent an email and asked what I would be getting.

Archived