HAL's Kids club - Alaska cruise - flights with 3.5 year old

TheCalicoCat

3.5 year old boy - one of 7 in the 3 to 7 group. There were also 7 in the next age group up & they combined on occasion. (& there were several under 3's)

my son is 99.9% potty trained - he had 3 accidents (one he forgot to get help with the button on his pants & another was beyond his control as well.) HAL has a 3 strikes rule - so he only got 3 days in the club.

He loved the 3 to 7 group. He did not like when they combined. Luckily they had a movie showing - we limit screen time at home, so this was novel for him.

On HAL, we purchased the unlimited laundry service - well worth it especially with a 3.5 year old who is not as potty trained as we thought. (I would/will choose HAL again just for this option.)

Even though he did not get to experience the ranger talk during our Glacier Bay sailing, they did give him the activity book & patch.

He did fine in the more adult venues both with scenic sailing & walking around. he loved the guitar soloist (The music on HAL was very current POP/ROCK.)

We ate as a family often in the MDR & he did fine. (He also liked the LIDO.)

Our flights were fine - skip the CARES harness it was more bother than it was worth. I barely had to dip into the goody bag.

We took a family private tour with Becky of Beyond Skagway & used her car seat - no problems there. She was very good with my son. IMHO the other private drivers in Skagway were rather anti-children. We took AMTRAK up from Seattle & back to Seattle - So I was not interested in taking the Train in Skagway - though that is a VERY popular excursion. I wanted to be able to stop here there & everywhere & we did.

Archived