Grandeur gossip?

Has anyone been on the Grandeur of the Seas since it came out of drydock? I'm curious to know what the refurbishment results are. I won't be sailing until December, but I am excited to learn all about the ship.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Onboard now and the ship is looking great - and with a really happy lovely crew. I have taken photos and will post when home.

There is no evidence of ipads being available any time soon. Apparently they have had problems with them on Splendour and until they can sort that they won't be arriving on Grandeur.

Bought the speciality dining package - only tried Giovannis Table so far (excellent) - Chef's table tonight. :) Park Cafe is wonderful - no need to ever visit the Windjammer!

There's a really nice mix of nationalities on here - which makes for a good atmosphere.

No smoking on the top deck :D

Diamond lounge is great - the Concierge (Fernando) is a real gem.

Ask away if anyone has questions - or want me to take pictures of anything.

We have corner aft 7150 - the balcony is amazing!

Glad you are enjoying your cruise :)

Can you take a pic of your room and deck we have 7650 booked for Nov TA and cant wait. Is there a hair dryer and shampoos in the suite. Is there a fridge?

Can you also let me know if a kitchen tour is included with your Chefs Table evening?

Thanks

That's what I would like to know about most! The rooms please! I have booked an inside for 3 and an ocean view on deck 2 for next June. I was so disheartened after reading about the "shabbiness" but then thrilled when I heard she was being refurbished!

Photos of the room and balcony would be much appreciated! I have 7150 booked for next year. I'm curious if there is a noise issue from below. I'm hoping since it seems they moved the Diamond Club/Lounge under 7150, maybe there's no late night noise?

hi there

We also have 7150 booked for a transatlantic in November. It would be wonderful if you could post some pictures of the cabin as the only ones I can find are old. Very much looking forward to the Grandeur.

Nicola

hi there

We also have 7150 booked for a transatlantic in November. It would be wonderful if you could post some pictures of the cabin as the only ones I can find are old. Very much looking forward to the Grandeur.

Nicola

Are you on the Nov 7th TA? We are and this will be our first booked 7650 other corner aft .

Hope to see you on board

I have pictures of the cabin and balcony and will post when I get back - pics of the balcony won't do the size of it justice :) The cabin doesn't seem to have had much of a make-over (apart from a new bathroom) but the walk-in wardrobe is the best we've had

There is a hairdryer and shampoo/conditioner/bath gel/ lotion in 7150 as it's a junior suite. The diamond lounge is directly below and there is no noise from there. The only time we've really noticed noise is because the stage of the South Seas lounge is directly below and we can hear them practicising at around 5 pm. We've been back in the cabin any time from 11.30 on a night and haven't noticed it then, altho it may be a problem is you go to bed early. Even then it's not very loud, just a faint throbbing.

Chef's Table was wonderful - no tour of the kitchen but we all got an apron and each couple got a fantastic cookery book. Highly recommend it - particularly if you do it as part of a package.

Still loving the cruise

Can you do me a HUGE favor.. The Legend of the Sea goes in for refurb next year. I am sailing on her in Dec 2013. I was wondering if they are doing anything to the rooms/ balconies in the AFT for deck 7. If you can find out that would be great. I know they are the same class but it looks like they are still different. Thank you

Michelle:)

I have pictures of the cabin and balcony and will post when I get back - pics of the balcony won't do the size of it justice :) The cabin doesn't seem to have had much of a make-over (apart from a new bathroom) but the walk-in wardrobe is the best we've had

There is a hairdryer and shampoo/conditioner/bath gel/ lotion in 7150 as it's a junior suite. The diamond lounge is directly below and there is no noise from there. The only time we've really noticed noise is because the stage of the South Seas lounge is directly below and we can hear them practicising at around 5 pm. We've been back in the cabin any time from 11.30 on a night and haven't noticed it then, altho it may be a problem is you go to bed early. Even then it's not very loud, just a faint throbbing.

Chef's Table was wonderful - no tour of the kitchen but we all got an apron and each couple got a fantastic cookery book. Highly recommend it - particularly if you do it as part of a package.

Still loving the cruise

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, enjoy your cruise and I look forward to your pictures when you return

Just posted a review of our trip here http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34405009#

I'm struggling to post the pictures at present but promise I'll do it tomorrow.

In answer to previous questions - I forgot to mention there is a fridge in 7150 and as far as the Legend revitalisation is concerned there has never been a problem on deck 7 anyway.

Feel free to ask any question

Archived