Missed sail-away because of muster drill?

where did you hear that?

There was a couple removed from a Seabourn ship for not making the muster drill. Just do a google search.

To my knowledge...nobody has been removed from a mainstream line for missing the drill yet.

I swear on every cruise we have been on, Muster Drill wasn't until after sail away. :confused:

Edited: Well maybe I'm mistaken. We may have just been lucky, and it's always gotten over with before sail away. Weird how I can't even remember. I'm so ready for my next cruise.

1) You could wave on the Freedom webcam from the ship. We tried doing that to our family from the Dream.

2) We missed sail away on our last Sensation - before Concordia - due to tardiness - we wanted pictures of our condo and friends at the pier.

3) Can't complain since our Glory 6/3 OOPs I mean 6/4 sailing (our sailaway was delayed a whole day!!!) was foggy and noone was allowed outdoors because it was slippery. Muster was delayed because it was dangerous at the stations which delayed departure by almost 2 hours but they went ahead or we would have lost another day of cruising...

I do not recommend cruising from Boston.

It happened on both of my Carnival cruises, but they were both before life jackets were not required at muster.. It was really angry that it happened on my first cruise as I was so looking forward to sailaway. I also had broken my toe 4 days before the cruise and was trying desperately not to use the "boot" I had been using.)

Since sailing on Norwegian, it has not happened. Sailaway is about 30 minutes after muster.

I can empathize with the OP's disappointment. But sailaway its self is really no big deal. It's not the confetti, waving to friends on the dock, brouhaha like the Love Boat, An Affair to Remember or Monkey Business. I'm not even sure if you can be at the exact right spot to wave at a port cam.

Hey-speak for yourself! Sorry but sailaway is a big deal to us! And Carnival is the only cruise line I have sailed on that doesn't finish the muster before sailaway. I have cruised Carnival 4 times and each time the ship was leaving before muster was over. Really like Carnival but sure wish they would finish muster earlier.

On our last cruise in April on the Elation out of NOLA, we began moving away from the pier at the same time the drill ended. It seemed the horn releasing us from the drill also signaled our departure.

Has anyone ever missed sail-away because of muster drill? I was on the Carnival Freedom May 27-June 2 and DH and I were excited for sail-away because of the webcam at Port Everglades. We wanted to wave to our family and friends back home and then possibly watch ourselves when we got back. However, they released muster drill one side of the ship at a time. We were in muster station C and the other side of the ship got released first. By the time our side was called and we rushed up to the Lido deck, we were already past the building with the webcam. :( Does this normally happen?

You can always get up early when you arrive back and wave to your family and friends yelling "we're back, we're back!"

Actually, leaving out of Port Everglades, if you are on a rail on the Port or Aft of the ship, there is a good chance you will be on one of the webcams.

Exactly! DH and I knew where we'd have to stand to have a chance of getting on the webcam. We even texted our family so they could watch us. Well, they watched the ship, but we were stuck downstairs! LOL!

All guests that sail on any CCL ships must realize that the muster drills are done to save your live if any thing should happen and besides if you not go to the muster drill and get caught you will be thrown off the ship at the first port

That just sounds like one of those annoying,dumb CC rumours. Do you really know anyone that was actually thrown off?:rolleyes:

This happened to us on our 2010 sailing out of Charleston.

We were in the Universe Lounge for our muster and I got that feeling that it felt like we were moving. I couldnt see out of the windows so that I could be sure but I asked DBF..."are we moving?". Sure enough, when we went out on deck under the lifeboats we had already pulled away from the pier, had completed back up to go around Castle Pinckney and were moving forward. :mad: Luckily we were right by lifeboat #1 and were able to get to the bow of the ship in time to see Sullivan's Island to our left.

I was a bit disappointed because pulling away from the pier is a ritual for us. I grew up watching The Love Boat and one of my favorite things on that show was watching everyone wave goodbye to all the suckas that had to stay on land. :p

Now I want to see an episode of The Love Boat. Maybe on my break. :o

This happened to us on our 2010 sailing out of Charleston.

We were in the Universe Lounge for our muster and I got that feeling that it felt like we were moving. I couldnt see out of the windows so that I could be sure but I asked DBF..."are we moving?". Sure enough, when we went out on deck under the lifeboats we had already pulled away from the pier, had completed back up to go around Castle Pinckney and were moving forward. :mad: Luckily we were right by lifeboat #1 and were able to get to the bow of the ship in time to see Sullivan's Island to our left.

I was a bit disappointed because pulling away from the pier is a ritual for us. I grew up watching The Love Boat and one of my favorite things on that show was watching everyone wave goodbye to all the suckas that had to stay on land. :p

Now I want to see an episode of The Love Boat. Maybe on my break. :o

Funny, I took my grand daughter a few weeks ago to watch the ship sail. I told her that soon (3 days) we'd be up there looking at all the people on land. And most of them don't know what they are missing and how lucky we will be.:)

Archived