Viking Paris, Tours

firstplacechef

If you are referring to the one day that you are there, the only included Paris tour is a bus ride. If you want to spend any time at some of the sites, you must do it on your own. The Eiffel Tower tour is very popular, and lines during tourist season can be hours long. Strongly advise getting tickets ahead of time. We were there in March thus were able to walk up. Even then, it took almost 45 minutes from the time we got in line until we were allowed in. Take the full tour to the top, the view is absolutely magnificent.

I believe they did offer an optional tour but don't recall what was included.

Cheers,

Read carefully on your itinerary, what is included in the tours. Most orientation tours are bus tours only, no stops except maybe a photo stop and no time to enter any of the sites. They are supposed to orientate folks so they can decide what sites to go back to on their own, or on an Optional, pay extra, tour. We did an AMA orientation tour last year in Paris and the only photo stop was for the Eiffel Tower. We did take their optional tour to the top of the tower, to Notre Dame and to MOntmartre and they were great but as I said, Optional tours. I loved Paris and would go back in a heartbeat. You need at least 4 days to get a really good feel for the city.

Archived