Infinity, 1/08/26, Valpariso to Buenos Aires

shaq

My partner and I are booked for the 14 day 1/08/06 Infinity sailing out of Valpariso to Buenos Aires. We sailed on Celebrity's 2005 cruise on Infinity from FLA to Valpariso.

We are trying to get some other opinions about family treatment on Infinity/Celebrity and if you sailed before on Celebrity we would like to hear your opinions and feelings about the "gay friendly" atmosphere?

How were you treated? How was the ship board gay environment? Has anyone suffered, experienced and or noticed any anti-gay vibes amongst the crew and/or passengers? If so, what did you experience? Were the anti-gay vibes systemic or related to individual passengers or crew?

Star Princess; Alaska; 9-09-2004

Celebrity Infinity; Panama Canal and South America; 01-03-2005

We were on the Infinity about year and a half ago.

Took a 10-day trans canal cruise fron San Diego to Ft Lauderdale.

Cruise Director wasn't open to having a FOD meeting but he turned out to be kind of a drip in everyone's opinion (not just gay passengers).

There were a good number of other gay couples we saw but we found the whole ship to be kind of stuffy. We made some great friends in our dining companions (retired folks from Florida and Nebraska) who had absolutely no issues with a male couple at their table.

This was probably our 8th cruise and our first on Celebrity. It stands out as one of the least memorable. It was OK but the food and service didn't live up to the superior reputation. They were fine but nothing spectacular (we prefer Holland America and Windstar on both counts).

All the staff and crew were pleasant and very good.

I think part of the problem was that it was a 10-day cruise and we only had 4 stops. Our personal preference is to see new places so that was just too many sea days for us.

I think if we had heard less raves about the Michael Roux food and what a "premium" cruise line it was, we might have had more realistic expectations. I had spent a lot of time on these boards (the Celebrity section rather than the gay section) before we left and found most posters to be more concerned with everyone knowing they were sailing Celebrity than with having a great trip. Lots of flame wars about dress codes and kids in the pools.

So if you go with reasonable expectations and just plan on having a great time, you shouldn't have any problems at all. It sounds like a great itenerary. The ship itself is very beautiful and well laid out. The spa and gym were great.

PVTBEAR

Archived