Jungle Spa

Linda9347

Here is the link:

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com

Click on the Belize Jungle Spa. I like to enjoy a massage at least once on vacation. They only take 15 passengers a day and you have your choice of several spa treatments. It is a jungle setting, you can also go horse-back riding if you like. They have spider monkeys roaming the property and my daughter (age 20) is crazy about monkeys. I thought it would be a nice relaxing excursion.

I see that you are going on the Pride of Aloha. My DH and I took that cruise last summer. The islands are magnificant...it was our first trip to Hawaii. Although, we were among the many early cruisers on this ship when they were having startup problems...that part of the vacation was actually a nightmare. We did make the best of it though, and now I understand all the problems that we had have been corrected. Have fun!

We did the horseback riding through Belizecruiseexcursions.com this past April. We were able to get the first tender off the ship, so we met up early with the Rep from the company. We waited around while he took care of the other trips that were meeting up (cave tubing, etc.). When he got back to us, he said that our driver was a no show, and he was trying to find another. A few minutes later he hooked us up with a tour guide/driver, and off we went. The trip to the spa was long (aobut 1 1/2 hours), but the guide did tell up quite a bit about Belize, so it wasn't too bad.

The spa itself was kind of interesting. It is a very small place. Other than the owners and the staff, we only saw two other people in the two hours we where there. We ate a very nice Belizian meal there for lunch, sample the local beer, cooled off in the pools, and generally just relaxed in the peace and quiet.

One word of caution, don't get too excited about the monkeys. According to our guide on the horseback ride, the area suffered a drought a couple of years ago and most of the monkeys fled the area to get to food sources higher in the mountains. We only saw one monkey during out time there.

I'm glad we went the one time, we got to see a lot of the countryside, and my DW got the horsebadk ride she wanted, but I don't know that I would do it again. Three hours in a van is too much for me on vacation.

Thanks for the info! I have been emailing back and forth with the company and decided to confirm my reservations this morning. I agree, 3 hours in a van will probably be a bit long, but it will be nice to see the island. I won't tell my daughter about the monkeys! Maybe there will be a few more in August :p

Linda,

I was going through the photo album DW put together on our trip, and noticed some postcards from the resort. Their website is maruba-spa.com. Hope you enjoy your trip there.

• 1 year later...

Hi Linda.... I know it has been a while, but I just found this thread.

How did your day go at the Jungle Spa?

Did you see many monkeys?

I am considering this excursion for Spring Break 2007.

Thanks.

Archived