Royal Princess - Horizon Court/Horizon Bistro

lovevacadays

I haven't looked at the Royal's deck plans for awhile so decided to review them again. I noticed that the Horizon area has a section called Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro. Any idea why and what the difference might be?

Also, am I seeing this correctly in regards to pools: there appears to be a large, main pool area and then a retreat pool in the sanctuary area. Is that it? I'm assuming the main pool area will have MUTS playing all day:eek:

I haven't looked at the Royal's deck plans for awhile so decided to review them again. I noticed that the Horizon area has a section called Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro. Any idea why and what the difference might be?

Also, am I seeing this correctly in regards to pools: there appears to be a large, main pool area and then a retreat pool in the sanctuary area. Is that it? I'm assuming the main pool area will have MUTS playing all day:eek:

Can't comment on the Horizon Court/Horizon Bistro but your are correct that there is only one large main pool area with two interconnected pools (Fountain Pool and Plunge Pool) and the adults only Retreat Pool that is not part of the Sanctuary.

I saw the same thing, Michelle. The video talked about the Fountain Pool and showed MUTS up above. I certainly hope that MUTS won't be showing all day at the only pool area besides the Sanctuary.

I saw the same thing, Michelle. The video talked about the Fountain Pool and showed MUTS up above. I certainly hope that MUTS won't be showing all day at the only pool area besides the Sanctuary.

But the forward pool is adults only and is not part of the Sanctuary...

Can't comment on the Horizon Court/Horizon Bistro but your are correct that there is only one large main pool area with two interconnected pools (Fountain Pool and Plunge Pool) and the adults only Retreat Pool that is not part of the Sanctuary.

That's what I thought

I'm with you. I like spending some time by the main pool area and hope they give us a break from MUTS. I'm wondering if the few sea days while we cruise in the med might be warm. I'm thinking crossing the Atlantic in October it is going to be cold.

But the forward pool is adults only and is not part of the Sanctuary...

That's good to know. I wonder how many loungers there will be around this area? I did notice that aft of the Horizon there is not a pool but it does look like a nice terrace deck with lots of loungers.

That's what I thought

I'm with you. I like spending some time by the main pool area and hope they give us a break from MUTS. I'm wondering if the few sea days while we cruise in the med might be warm. I'm thinking crossing the Atlantic in October it is going to be cold.

That's good to know. I wonder how many loungers there will be around this area? I did notice that aft of the Horizon there is not a pool but it does look like a nice terrace deck with lots of loungers.

Princess deck plans are usually pretty accurate so it looks like there will be almost 50 loungers in the shade of the Horizon Terrace. There also appears to be about 30 loungers in the sun on the Sun deck aft of the Fitness Center. It looks like that area is connected to the Fitness Center.

Michelle, it'll be comfortable on our cruise. I've cruised in the Med for the month of October and it ranged from warm to hot. The southern route should be nice and warm.

This is just a guess but on the Pacific/Ocean Princess, the buffet becomes a bistro at night with a no-fee, wait service limited menu. On the ships with a Cafe Caribe, it sometimes has different dishes than in the main buffet. My guess is that the Horizon Bistro will be like what's served at night on the small ships in a space similar to the Cafe Caribe. It makes sense to me. :) HAL has something similar on some of their ships, the Canaletto, a no-fee wait service restaurant that's regular buffet during the day but sectioned off at night for an Italian restaurant.

Archived