Sheraton Biscayne Bay-Miami

macy

Hi,

We just returned from our 7 day cruise on the Carnival Triumph. We stayed one night pre-cruise at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay. We booked this motel thru Priceline and were a little apprehensive after reading a lot of the reviews.

When we arrived at 3:30, we checked right in with no wait. All of the elevators seemed to be working fine, no long waits for them. Our room was very nice overlooking the bay. After we booked thru Priceline for $69.00 + tax, I contacted them and asked for a bay side room. When we got there, I was told they didn't have one-but then they gave us one with a nice little balcony with 2 chairs and a table.

We went to the pool and the pool area was very nice with a little pool bar, but no hot tub. The water was very comfortable and there were plenty of chairs.

We took a cab to Bayside Marketplace for about $6.00 plus tip. The bellman told us it was about a 15 minute walk, but it looked to be quite a long walk, so we were glad we chose the cab.

There is a restaurant there, but we ate at Bayside and didn't even check out the restaurant.

Check out was very quick, we checked out by phoning the front desk. We didn't even have to stop at the front desk on our way home.

We then took a cab to the Port and I think it was about $8.00 plus tip.

It was a very pleasant experience, and we would love to stay there again. Too bad they are demolishing it in June.

So everyone who is nervous about staying there in the near future, no need to worry.

While at a show on the Triumph we ran into 2 couples who we remembered seeing at the Sheraton. They said they really liked the motel, but prices were a little steep. They paid $178.00 per room.

Have fun!

Macy

Macy:

So glad to read your positive experience! We will be staying there this friday, the 13th before our cruise on the NAVIGATOR. I did call and request a room with 2 beds, as we are meeting my BIL and SIL, and sharing the room. Just hope we get a room with 2 beds, as we booked thru priceline too. What was your room set up like?

Thanks too, for the prices for the cab to Bayside and the Port.

I also stayed at this hotel pre crusie on the Carnival Triumph. I got this from Price Line at $55 + tax. This is a very nice hotel. We got in very late at around 2am (this is because of the flight delay at Atlanta). They gave me a room facing the Biscayne Bay with double bed which is what I request. The front desk is very helpful. Since I rent a car from FLL so I need to pay $23 (with tax) for the parking. I love the bed and comforter very comfortable. The next day me and my younger son also walk around the pool area and the Biscayne bay. It is a nice view. I highly recommend this hotel for the pre/post cruise stay. We end up taking a cab from the hotel to the Miami port which is about 10 to 15 minute drive and costs us a total with tips $10.

Archived