grand cayman questions

cruiznut

Hi we were in Grand Cayman in December and did the turtle farm and dolphin swim across the road. We are returning in April and are wanting to return to the turtle farm as we had 10 min at it in December. We were wondering if cabs are available at the turtle farm that could take us to seven mile beach? Also what part of the beach is the best and willing to take cruise ship visitors? Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure where on 7 mile is best, but there are several resort hotels all along 7 mile and any of them will gladly get a cab for you to go back to the ship if you just head out to their taxi stand.

As for the turtle farm, we did a bike tour that included that and a peek at the dolphins from outside. There were plenty of drivers queued up at the Turtle Farm when we were there. Would think it would be no problem getting from there to 7 mile, you could even get the number of the driver who brings you and call him back.

Look over the hotels on 7 mile and decide which you want, then you can tell the taxi to take you there. We didn't go there, but during my research I remember reading some places we're better for snorkeling ( cemetary beach and Marriott I think) and some were better for beach/sun. So check the GC port boards for advice about which would be best for what you want to do. Oh I should mention all of 7 mile is public, so you can go anywhere, but you can also rent a chair and umbrella from the hotels if you want- but you dont have to!

There were cabs at the Turtle Farm when we did it a few years ago, we always go to the Palms Resort on 7 mile beach, it is the closet to the ship, has a good beach with watersports, good food and drink, chairs and umbrellas to rent

all of 7 MIle Beach is public...no need to pay a resort hotel to go to the beach. Seagrape access point has restrooms, restaurant, watersport and chair rentals. There is a bus that will bring you back to the ship when you're ready...$2.50 pp.

Archived