Hot tub problem?

We'll Sea

Yep, there have been a few "old threads" about hot tubs and "DANGER". If you missed the one that was posted by someone who claimed that she and boyfriend came down with a "problem" and were going to demand money back from the cruiseline, well, you missed a hoot of a thread!

It has been a long time and even then I was no great expert but I did work for a swimming pool (read hot tubs) company way back when for a couple of summers. The cruiseship has a regular maintaince schedule for their pools and tubs, they are tested and treated as needed and they also empty them on a rotating basis. Someone wrote on one of the threads that they "bring their own clorox tablets for the tubs" PLEASE don't think about that if you run across it. It screws up the ph balance, let the experts take care of things.

Don't worry about the hot tubs. Use them and have a great time.

7_3_204.gif

Hola,

I can personallly think of several problems with hot tubs.

(1) It is hard to find one that is not occupied. My last episode in a tub was with 4 large women. No, I didn't plan it that way. My wife was supposed to meet me after her gym workout and I beat her to the tub which was already FULL. People, I am 200# and I was the smallest one there. I swear the water level dropped 6 inches when the ladies left.:eek:

(2) Be careful about the length of time that you stay in the tub. 15 minutes is about all you can take without overheating.

(3) If you want to get, how should I put it? Frisky, playful, wanting to fool around.;) Whatever you call it (I really don't remember), stay away from the HOT TUB! 15 Minutes there and you will be totally worthless. Just ask Miss Ginger.

That's about all that comes to mind right now, but if I think of anything else I will let you know.

Always at your service.

Clackey

Biggest problem we've run across in hot tubs on ships is the massive amount of kids that inhabit them even though some of them are "adults only". Other than that, unless you have a gaping wound or have just recently gotten a body piercing......you'll be fine.

Archived