Another Question about disembarkation in Vancouver

thecook

DH and I have an 11:00 domestic flight from Vancouver. We can not self disembark from the ship becasue of mobility limitations. Because we have to get to the airport ASAP, we have hired an aero car to expedite our transfer. My question is, what time (do you estimate) should I schedule our pick up at the pier. I hate to pay for an extended period of "waiting" time if it can be avoided. Thank you for your help.

DH and I have an 11:00 domestic flight from Vancouver. We can not self disembark from the ship becasue of mobility limitations. Because we have to get to the airport ASAP, we have hired an aero car to expedite our transfer. My question is, what time (do you estimate) should I schedule our pick up at the pier. I hate to pay for an extended period of "waiting" time if it can be avoided. Thank you for your help.

Everything depends on the ship clearing imgration on time, and everyone pays their bills. I wish I could tell you what time your car should be there. You may get off around 8 to 9. Then you have to find your luggage and get out to where the pick ups transpire. You really are cutting it close to try and catch a flight at 11. It takes about 30 to 45 mins to get to the airport from Canada Place. It takes forever to get thru imigration at the airport. I wish you luck, I hope you make it.

Thanks Melodie, Since our flight is to Toronto, we go through customs in Toronto and not in Vancouver. I have been told that we should be able to make our flight with no problem provided we are able to be among the first to get off the ship. I think I will reserve the car for 8:30 and hope for the best. The good news is that should we miss our flight there are 2 more that are available that will get us into Toronto in time to catch our connection to Orlando.

Thanks Melodie, Since our flight is to Toronto, we go through customs in Toronto and not in Vancouver. I have been told that we should be able to make our flight with no problem provided we are able to be among the first to get off the ship. I think I will reserve the car for 8:30 and hope for the best. The good news is that should we miss our flight there are 2 more that are available that will get us into Toronto in time to catch our connection to Orlando.

You should be OK with 8:30. Just be sure to mention this on your disembarkation papers. Pick out the earliest time they offer. They are doing it a little differently now. Luggage is not sent for pick-up until your disembarkation number is called. Remember, chose the earliest time they offer to get off the ship. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Archived