need beach help!

destinydog

i tired to book with costamayacruiseexcursions.com, but they are full for the dya we will be there. Are there any other beach places we can go? it doent need to include open bar or even food.....any advise would be appreciated!

i hate to pay carnival 40 bucks for there beach trip and have to take an hour tour to the beach!

when we were in costa maya last december we went to tequila beach club. we booked at a booth at the pier. we had two adults and two kids in our group. they charged us 30.00 for each adult which included open bar, appetizer from restaurant, and transportation. because the kids do not use open bar they only charged them 6.00 for the transportation. if you book through carnival it is the same price for adults and children. that is why we looked for an alternative. we had a great time at tequila beach club. it was not crowded and they have horses there that my kids had a good time petting. we are going next week and plan on returning to tbc again.

it was about a 5 minute taxi ride from the pier. the horses are there to ride for a fee I am not sure how much though. also the one horse riding excursion stops there for drinks and a rest. they have snorkeling equipment to rent also. I think we paid 15.00 for all day for that. my kids loved it. they snorkled in close to shore and saw a bunch of fish but there were other people there who swam out to the reef and snorkled and said they saw lots of fish and things. there is a pavillion that has a tv and a pool table. the bathrooms were pretty clean also. the only thing that I wish was better is that there seems to be quite a bit of seaweed on the bottom where you enter the water but is clear if you go out a bit. they had this at the other beach I went to in costa maya before so may just be all beaches there. not sure.. we had a great time and the people were very nice. my kids are 11 and 7 and have been on 3 cruises and they thought tequila beach was the best they have done yet. does this help?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from Cozumel and my kids didn't like the beach because they said the sand felt like rice and the bottom of the water was really rocky. Is it like this in Costa Maya? If so maybe I'll skip the beach and do a tour of the ruins.

i tired to book with costamayacruiseexcursions.com, but they are full for the day we will be there.

Sorry to hear this for you, but glad to hear it for the folks that put it on. It's the best deal in town.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget that mahahual village (and so beaches, restaurant and bars) don't finish where you find the 'only pedestrian' sign (near Pez Quadro)! You can find good places also going on: Casa del Mar, Luna de Plata, Las Brisas, etc.....;)

You know, I didn't even realize that when I was there. I'll have to check it out next time!

Archived