Lucky Stables - honest assessments

CaroleSS

We will be stopping in St. Maarten and would like to ride the horses in the water. I've read about Lucky Stables but the opinions swing from fantastic to horrible.

About us:

There are 6 in our group (all adults - no kids); 4 are very experienced riders. We are interested in doing some cantering, so we will have to do their private tour. At $120 each it's a bit stiff, so I want to make sure we 'get our money's worth' - If you know what I mean. :o

I've read that the route just goes in circles and that by nature of its proximity to the powerplant, might not have the best views. I've also read that even though the ride may be X minutes long, that included getting everyone situated, etc, so your tour might be way shorter than you expect. I am also concerned that as they probably cater to newbies, the horse have become accustomed to just walking and we'll not be able to canter the horses as promised.

Can anyone provide me with more information? Will we be disappointed? (yes, this is a subjective question, but I'm just trying to go into this with my eyes open - I'd REALLY like to have a great time!)

Hello, there were 4 of us adults that did this last year. We are not experienced riders. IMHO, I thought it was very well run. The views of the power plant are not very pretty but the views over the water are just beautiful. The horses seemed to be very well taken of. We went up a trail and then back down the other side to the beach and then out into the water. We had a great time. Then after we all had dismounted they just let the horses loose and they all galloped down through the paddock area to the beach to roll around. If you have any other question, just ask.

Archived