i just realized something

DUCK33

since i joined these boards some 11 mos. ago, i havent been on a cruise. i booked 2 cruises but for 1 reason (blackout icon_mad.gif) or another (baby icon_biggrin.gif) i couldnt go. i am a total and complete fraud!!!! i will start writing newbie posts from now on.

1 can i bring liquor on board?

2 is denim ok for formal nights?

etc.... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DUCK33:

since i joined these boards some 11 mos. ago, i havent been on a cruise. i booked 2 cruises but for 1 reason (blackout icon_mad.gif) or another (baby icon_biggrin.gif) i couldnt go. i am a total and complete fraud!!!! i will start writing newbie posts from now on.

1 can i bring liquor on board?

2 is denim ok for formal nights?

etc.... icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey newbie, welcome aboard. You can bring all the liquor onboard you can drink before the cruise.

Denim is fine for formal night as long as you remain in your cabin. icon_razz.gif

Reggie icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome Duck!

Anything else you need to know, just ask! This board is full of advice!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe you're wanting to know if you can take the baby (when born and you're ready to cruise) in the pool with a swim diaper??? icon_eek.gif

Or about saving that deck chair at 8 am, for you to come back at noon??? icon_wink.gif

Or saving a whole row of seats in the theatre for your large group of new friends from CC! icon_rolleyes.gif

Anything else, just ask! icon_smile.gif

Nita

Hey Duck...the heck with liquor and denim. Sounds like with your luck, you better take a generator and , well, shall we say, some "protection" icon_redface.gif

With Compassion for others we build...we fight for peace and freedom

LOL! You guys must have known I needed a chuckle today! Thanks!

Denise

Denise

Celebrity Zenith March, 2005

Carnival Glory March, 2004

Carnival Pride September, 2003

Carnival Legend Februrary, 2003

Carnival Pride, March 2002

Paradise Back-To-Back May, 2001

Carnival Destiny, March 2000

duck,

Welcome to the Celebrity boards. Glad to have you.

Of course you can bring liqour et al.... dont forget to pack your iron, and your candles too ....

Have a great cruise. Hope this helps.

hey just got great news.......i was upraded to a royal suite from a category 56 (inside cabin under the bilge pump). and this is only my first cruise. does this happen often?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DUCK33:

hey just got great news.......i was upraded to a royal suite from a category 56 (inside cabin under the bilge pump). and this is only my first cruise. does this happen often?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that’s a very common occurrence, especially with first time cruisers and Canadians!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

sure i'll give you a coupon. they gave me lots of coupons. plus free capt club membership and an on board credit of $500 just for thinking about booking another cruise while on board

Welcome Newbie Duck33! icon_cool.gif

Wow! icon_eek.gif You really are going all-out for Formal Night by wearing your good jeans (normally saved for funerals & such) instead of the "cut-offs". icon_eek.gif Know you could wear that tank top (the good one with "Killer Road Hog" on it) but, after all, it is formal. icon_rolleyes.gif Not that I'm the fashion police or anything and "it is your cruise and you can do anything you like" ... but, might I suggest one of those attractive T-Shirts that are printed to look like a tuxedo? icon_confused.gif Also, make sure that butler in your Royal Suite lays out our best flip-flops ... and you'll be Good-To-Go! *

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Good Lord! icon_eek.gif Almost forgot to remind you to take your gold-plated tooth pick!!!

Pulling that out at the dining table on formal night will be the finishing touch and sure to impress all! icon_biggrin.gif

Don't worry, Newbie Duck33! We are ALL here for you. Just ask! icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Sailing! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

* You can change back in to something comfortable after dinner to go the the Main Show Lounge!

Hi Newduckie,

Most experienced cruisers bring their own lawn chairs and never have any problem with chair hogs or seating at the theater. Small coolers are also handy icon_cool.gif

OOOEEE icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Bob and Phyllis

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wvufan:

Hi Newduckie,

Most experienced cruisers bring their own lawn chairs and never have any problem with chair hogs or seating at the theater. Small coolers are also handy icon_cool.gif

OOOEEE icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Bob and Phyllis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck, forget the small cooler. Bring a big ice chest stocked with fast food and junk food. You never know when you might get hungry.

uh

you guys know this is just a joke right? some of the post seem too real. i was just tring to make the point that since joining these boards i have yet to cruise but i have been 11 cruises prior

Denim is OK on formal nights if you have a denim jacket to match the pants. By the way, since it's formal night you can't wear the jeans that are cut out where your butt would be.... icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

newduck - you are allowed to ride your Harley directly onto the ship.

Wifebeaters (the shirt variety) are not allowed in the dining room on formal night but are required in the lounges only if you have been overserved.

And if any of your ports are tendered rather than docked, it is customary to shove anyone younger than yourself out of your way.

Hope this helps.

Century 99-00

Rhapsody 11/00

Rhapsody 10/01

Infinity 2/02

Millennium 11/02

Millennium 11/03

Rhapsody 11/04

if i bring the big cooler and dont eat every meal in the dinning room, do i prorate the tips to waitstaff?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but you still have to adjust the tips by a very complex formula based on whether the wait staff set the table expecting you to show up and if they had to remove dishes if you did not show. You also have to scale the tips based on the number of meals totally missed in relation to the meals you did go to minus a fraction for snacks you might have picked up or if you needed to get directions to the water glasses. You also have to increase your tip to the room attendent since he will be your defacto waiter for the meals you eat in your room.

In all honesty, it is far easier to just tip according to the guidelines. The last person who tried to use the formula took three days to calculate his tips owed and still overtipped by $3.42 (US)

Converting everything into Canadian dollars would take another 2 days (1.6 days US)

welcome duck. There used to be this guy with that same name, guess he left. He was really nice, he even asked me to take him on the cruise with me! Good news is you will make friends quickly here. BTW, I read about your RS upgrade, what great luck that was. Don't forget, USE YOUR BUTLER, he likes to work hard and the best part is, it is just part of his job, you don't even have to tip him. They build his cost into the price of the room! The best thing you can do is on the last day, just walk over with a handshake and a big thank-you. He will love it! Just some advice from us experienced cruisers.

uh

you guys know this is just a joke right? some of the post seem too real. i was just tring to make the point that since joining these boards i have yet to cruise but i have been 11 cruises prior<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was a joke, we take things very serious on the Celebrity board, please don't play games like this, honesty in posting is my motto, if you can't be honest, then don't post, or just post something that you think is honest, or just make something up, or, oh never mind!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Archived