meditterranean shore excursions

surfin'sue

We are sailing on the Magica in July out of Rome, Savonna, Barcelona, Malta, Tunis, etc. This is not our first cruise but is our first European one. Who cqn shed some light on the shore excursions? If the ships do not have many English speaking people, did you still have enough to do excursions with an English guide? Which excursions should we definitely do? Are there companies that you are aware of for the excursions other than booking through Costa? We are also spending 2 days in Rome afterwards. Thanks for your help.

Are Any Of You Magica Med Cruisers Sailing On The 24th Of July? If So, Than So Am I...regarding Shore Excursions, Let Me Just Say That From Previous Cruises What We Do Is Walk Off The Ship At The Deignated Port, And There Are Always People Waiting At The Pier In Their Cars Or Vans To Give You A Private Tour, Etc For The Day. You Negotiate The Price. It Always Works For Us, And This Way You Do Not Have To Commit To A Shore Excursion That Is Always Overpriced!

I've just disembarked from the Magica. There were certainly enough English speaking guests for the tours - Americans, Canadians, British and Maltese with some 'others'.

In Malta taxis and Carriages are available as stated.

In Rome we did 'Rome on your own' - excellent - the bus took us to Rome (1.5hrs) and the guide met us again to brign us back. The rest of our day was spent at our own pace seeing what we wanted - IMO this was the best port. Our table mates picked up a private taxi at the dock and were transported around rome for 200 euros ( for 4 pax)

In Tunisia it may be best to take the ships excursion, but it depends on your party eg family, all females, mixed party etc. This trip was very late back as the local guide took them to his 'brothers carpet shop' needless to say this was not on the programme!!

Palermo - take a tour as the city area walkable from the port is not very nice - this was my least favourite port. Our tablemates attended the Capuchin Monks excursion and really enjoyed it.

Barcelona - do it yourself - a great city. Too much time spent on a bus if you take the excursion.

Palma - dont know - we did not get off!

You will have a great time whatever you choose!

Archived