Infinity cabin 6105

Tizbensinj

Just back from 06/15/12 sailing to Alaska couple of items to report. We were a party of ten and had 5 cabins throughout ship. One was the handicapped cabin 6105. Our passenger is a quadriplegic. There are different levels of handicap and this is from the quadrupegic standpoint. Infinity did a good job with roll in shower much better than the waterfront Marriott who gave us a totally inaccessible room the night before. However the ledge up to balcony made balcony unusable. The step was taller than the one in cabin 6048. Turned out not to be a big deal as our weather during cruise was cold and wet.

One disappointment was the excursion in Juneau was inaccessible due to ship using tenders instead of docking. It seems they are only docking every other week to cut expenses I guess. So anyone who is unable to walk at all cannot leave the ship. So the excursion for handicapped and families is out if you are on the wrong week. The 15th to 22nd was the wrong week.

Overall had a great time with family and friends weather was uncooperative but it's Alaska!

Wow! We went on this same cruise 3 years ago this week, and we would have been livid about Juneau turning into a tender port. Was it advertised as such?

My DH uses a wheelchair full time and can't walk enough to get off the ship, and we had booked a private whale-watching excursion for our family on an accessible boat. If the boat had tendered instead of docked, we would have lost that money!

Glad you had a good trip. We found that lip to the balcony a problem, too. Apparently, you can ask for a portable ramp, but we didn't know that until afterward and our steward never mentioned it. It was still an amazing cruise.

We're sailing on July 20 in a sky suite. My GS (5)is coming with me and my DD. I was very upset to find that Juneau is being tendered on this cruise :( We will have to find another way to see the whales up close. Very disappointing! But I did enjoy reading your review.

Any problems with wind? Being in a chair myself, I thought of using a cape instead of a coat (can't find raincoats here in Louisiana unless it is bright yellow!) but was worried about wind blowing it up around me. I use a manual quickie.

Just back from 06/15/12 sailing to Alaska couple of items to report. We were a party of ten and had 5 cabins throughout ship. One was the handicapped cabin 6105. Our passenger is a quadriplegic. There are different levels of handicap and this is from the quadrupegic standpoint. Infinity did a good job with roll in shower much better than the waterfront Marriott who gave us a totally inaccessible room the night before. However the ledge up to balcony made balcony unusable. The step was taller than the one in cabin 6048. Turned out not to be a big deal as our weather during cruise was cold and wet.

One disappointment was the excursion in Juneau was inaccessible due to ship using tenders instead of docking. It seems they are only docking every other week to cut expenses I guess. So anyone who is unable to walk at all cannot leave the ship. So the excursion for handicapped and families is out if you are on the wrong week. The 15th to 22nd was the wrong week.

Overall had a great time with family and friends weather was uncooperative but it's Alaska!

I don't think you missed anything in Juneau.:)

I have been on several Celebrity cruises where there was tendering and there were wheelchairs on the tenders. The crew seemed to know how to handle them very well. I saw people being lifted on and off the tenders while in their chairs.

I sure do hope I can go on the tender in my wheelchair. I have not booked a whale watching cruise in Juneau because of that! I'll report back after our July 20 cruise. Safe traveling everyone!

I sure do hope I can go on the tender in my wheelchair. I have not booked a whale watching cruise in Juneau because of that! I'll report back after our July 20 cruise. Safe traveling everyone!

Check with Celebrity's special needs department. As I said, I saw people on wheel chairs being put into tenders in Hawaii.

Archived