18 y/o on Cruise to Bermuda

hershey4

I'm considering a cruise to Bermuda on the Star. How likely are there to be teens on board? Also, I have a daughter who will be turning 18 either on the ship, or the week before. Would she be able to go to the teen club with her 16 y/o sister, or are they very strict on the age 18 limit? It's a tough age!

Depends on WHEN as to how many teens will be on board. Summer and school vacations, definitely! Off times, not so many but I would imagine still some.

Depending on how many teens there are might determine how lax the "18" year old rule is followed too. If she is 17 on embark, she can get in the teens club without any problem, and they won't kick her out on her birthday;)

If she is already 18, and there are a LOT of kids on board, they may not be as willing to let her in.

Well, I'm looking at mid-July, so that could be a problem! If we took the cruise where she would turn 18 during the trip, we'd have to take a cabin that was further forward. If we wait until the week after her birthday, we'd get mid-ship, which we are more comfortable with because of boat rocking concerns. I'm really in a quandry now...

We are on the July 8th sailing. Our 19 year old son & 17 yr old daughter will be with us. Last yr on the Jewel my son was already 18.

When we went to sign my daughter up for the teen club they asked him how old he was & said oh you missed joining us by a year.

My daughter ended up never going to the teen club even though we encouraged her to, but she hung out with us & we all had a blast.:) it was good to spend time with them as we both work full time.

I was surprised that she said it was the most fun she had in a long time because normally she says I am "annoying". They are both excited as we are for our 1st cruise to Bermuda :D

Good luck in you decision.

Archived