Room Service Menu

• 7 months later...
So....with room service I can order a bottle of wine?!?! :eek:

Why didn't I know that?!?!:o

Can I just ask the Butler when I board? Is it cheaper than ordering it prior to sailing?

Yes, you can! Price is no different when you order it. You will get the 15 percent auto gratuity put on top of the price. Also, your butler can get you any wine that is available, not just the stuff on the room service menu.

Yes, you can! Price is no different when you order it. You will get the 15 percent auto gratuity put on top of the price. Also, your butler can get you any wine that is available, not just the stuff on the room service menu.

Thank you! I know this is silly but you've made my day! I don't drink very much - typically a glass of wine occasionally - but I love the Mauta Valley SB that I saw on the Room Service Menu! It's hard to find in Michigan and having been served it at the Chef's table 3 times.........it's so much cheaper to buy a bottle than a couple glasses!!:D

does anyone have one

Don't forget that that's just the standard one. If you're in a suite with concierge and butler, you can order from any specialty restaurant, anytime it's open. So, on ships where suites can eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, you can order from there instead. For DINNER from specialty delivered to your room, you pay the fee for the restaurant if you order an entree. IOW, if you want the entree from Le Bistro and the starters and deserts from Cagney's, you pay the LeBisto cover charge for that plate. Which is very helpful for folks who want (for instance) the kids eating from the Cangey's menu or MDR menu and mom and dad eating from another restaurant. You can all still eat together, though it will mean a bit of running around for the staff. Tip well, if you put them through that?

DML

So....with room service I can order a bottle of wine?!?! :eek:

Why didn't I know that?!?!:o

Can I just ask the Butler when I board? Is it cheaper than ordering it prior to sailing?

If you buy a bottle of wine from room service do they charge a $15 fee on top for the blue sticker? (Corkage fee? I think they call it)

If you buy a bottle of wine from room service do they charge a $15 fee on top for the blue sticker? (Corkage fee? I think they call it)

No. The corkage fee only applies to bottles of wine that are not purchased on the ship or through NCL.

No. The corkage fee only applies to bottles of wine that are not purchased on the ship or through NCL.

But they always charge you a surcharge (is it 15%) for alcohol purchases. So...no corkage but a fee for ordering alcohol.

DML

im confused. if i order a bottle of wine at the mdr for lets say $30, the charge on my card will be that flat amount . or will there be the 15% added on? im trying too decide whether too take wine onboard myself or not. thanks.

im confused. if i order a bottle of wine at the mdr for lets say $30, the charge on my card will be that flat amount . or will there be the 15% added on? im trying too decide whether too take wine onboard myself or not. thanks.

As with any drink purchases, an automatic 15 percent gratuity is included. The above poster was asking if she purchased a bottle of wine from NCL's list, would there be the $15 corkage fee added to the purchase. The $15 corkage fee would not be applied BUT there would be an automatic gratuity applied. In your case, the $30 bottle of wine would cost $34.50. $30 + 4.50 = $34.50.

When I responded previously, I assumed the poster knew that there would be an automatic gratuity added. All bar drinks, sodas, smoothies, bottled water, specialty coffees etc., will get this charge. I only addressed the question if the corkage would be added if you purchased wine from NCL.

If you bring your own wine onboard, you will pay a $15 corkage fee per 750-ml bottle.

As with any drink purchases, an automatic 15 percent gratuity is included. The above poster was asking if she purchased a bottle of wine from NCL's list, would there be the $15 corkage fee added to the purchase. The $15 corkage fee would not be applied BUT there would be an automatic gratuity applied. In your case, the $30 bottle of wine would cost $34.50. $30 + 4.50 = $34.50.

When I responded previously, I assumed the poster knew that there would be an automatic gratuity added. All bar drinks, sodas, smoothies, bottled water, specialty coffees etc., will get this charge. I only addressed the question if the corkage would be added if you purchased wine from NCL.

If you bring your own wine onboard, you will pay a $15 corkage fee per 750-ml bottle.

Precisely. That's why I reminded the poster that there is the gratuity. I've found a lot of people new to NCL are "surprised" by it, so it's worth mentioning. I'm not arguing that what you buy from NCL doesn't include the corkage. I completely agree. Just adding to your information, so the OP isn't caught unaware.

DML

Archived