June 2012 Carnival Fantasy Review With Pictures

Disembarkation

The day everyone hates to see come, but what memories we will have of the last five days. I was up around 6:30am and we were already at the port and docked. I went up to the Lido and started checking emails and voice messages. I grabbed something to eat and went back to the room. The rest of the family was up and about to leave for breakfast when I returned to the cabin. I watched Risa on the tv go over disembarkation and around 8:30 we were heading off the ship. On the way out we grabbed Risa for a quick photo. We grabbed our luggage in the security area and then proceeded to the buses. I talked to the bus driver taking us back to the warehouse, who happened to be the owner of the company, about plans for the new terminal. He said that it would maybe be next year and that the plans are to do away with the buses. We were on the road around 9:30.

IMG_1063.JPG

Overall this cruise was a great vacation. I was glad that we had the opportunity to take this cruise with our kiddos. They enjoyed the cruise very much. I was grateful for great weather for the most part of our cruise. I had worried a lot prior to going that there was going to be some kind of tropical storm or worse a full blown hurricane. I am looking forward to our next cruise and can’t wait till I have a countdown clock to display in my signature.

Here are some random pictures of the ship

DSC02731.JPG

Starboard side Lido bar and smoking area. For some reason the port side bar was never open.

DSC02700.JPG

I ate here a couple of times during the week. The food is cooked up right in front of you. Very good if you like Chinese

DSC02704.JPG

One of the chefs at the Mogolian Wok

DSC02660.JPG

The serenity area...never did make it here

This was just what we needed! My partner and I and our 7 year old twin girls leave on the Fantasy on July 5th!!! Reading your review and looking at all the pictures just upped our excitement level to an unmeasurable amount! Can I ask what kind of tripod you brought along (we have both a tiny portable one and a large one) and do you know why they confiscated your power strip? We thought you were allowed to bring one? Did you miss it? So appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I have been all over the Internet reading everything I can and your review was perfect!

Thanks!

Jen

This was just what we needed! My partner and I and our 7 year old twin girls leave on the Fantasy on July 5th!!! Reading your review and looking at all the pictures just upped our excitement level to an unmeasurable amount! Can I ask what kind of tripod you brought along (we have both a tiny portable one and a large one) and do you know why they confiscated your power strip? We thought you were allowed to bring one? Did you miss it? So appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I have been all over the Internet reading everything I can and your review was perfect!

Thanks!

Jen

Jen, Thanks for the compliments. I was doing the same thing before cruise.

Our tripod is not an expensive one. Probably only $20 bucks if that. I like it because it is real light and reduces to about 15 inches long.

I think they confiscated the power strip because it may be a fire hazard (my best guess) The whole family has electronics (laptop, ipad, phones) and we made it work with only one outlet. We didn't use the one in the bathroom.

Great review. We had Angela as the piano player on our Triumph sailing a few years ago. I remember the boa she passed around!

Love the idea of taking your own photos with the tripod. You got some good ones.

Music Boardwalk is our favorite!! I hope the ships continue to have a rock cover band as it's one of our favorite night time spots.

Also love the views of Charleston. We were there a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with that beautiful city.

Congratulations on your DD's high school graduation! Where is she going to college? I have twins (boy/girl) who will be seniors next year. We were in Charleston looking at the College of Charleston and DD loved it.

DSC02662.JPG

These tables are just outside the aft dining area aka Windows of the Sea

DSC02663.JPG

This small eating area was a nice quiet place just behind the aft dining area. Good place for smokers too

DSC02665.JPG

The pizzaria and deli at the aft of the ship

DSC02666.JPG

The Windows of the sea dining area

DSC02668.JPG

The corridor between the pool area and the windows of the sea dining area

Great review. We had Angela as the piano player on our Triumph sailing a few years ago. I remember the boa she passed around!

Love the idea of taking your own photos with the tripod. You got some good ones.

Music Boardwalk is our favorite!! I hope the ships continue to have a rock cover band as it's one of our favorite night time spots.

Also love the views of Charleston. We were there a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with that beautiful city.

Congratulations on your DD's high school graduation! Where is she going to college? I have twins (boy/girl) who will be seniors next year. We were in Charleston looking at the College of Charleston and DD loved it.

Pcrum, our DD has chosen to go to Winthrop University in Rock Hill. She toured the COC but decided against it. She was accepted to USC also but I guess that was too close for her. She also likes the idea that her BF will be at Winthrop too.

Loved your review! I hope your family had a great time.

Thanks, we did have a good time. I really want to do another itinerary the next time we cruise so I probably won't be back on the fantasy for some time. I am leaning to the western caribbean.

Thanks for the work putting up this review. DW & I will be on the Fantasy very soon and it's refreshing to hear so many positive things in your review. We were on the Fantasy a year ago & had a wonderful time, I can't wait to do it all over again.

Pcrum, our DD has chosen to go to Winthrop University in Rock Hill. She toured the COC but decided against it. She was accepted to USC also but I guess that was too close for her. She also likes the idea that her BF will be at Winthrop too.

Best of luck to your DD. We really enjoyed your fine state. We toured Clemson and Furman Univ. also, but COC was the one that really stood out to us.

DSC02669.JPG

The Lido deck grill near the pool area

DSC02671.JPG

The "other" side of the stage

DSC02672.JPG

The liquor and cigarette shop

DSC02673.JPG

The library. This is also where they had the Chef's table at. Not sure what all they did but I remember seeing them in there

DSC02682.JPG

The other side of the Galleria shops or as I call them the junk you don't need shops.

Great review and time lapse video. Thanks for taking the time to post. Myself, my sister and neice are going on the Fantasy 7/10/12. I have crusied many times before and was on the Fantasy in 1994. My sister has only been one time(11 years ago) and my neice has never been on a cruise. I am looking forward to their reaction to the ship.

I do have a question regarding Freeport. I have never stopped at this port and was wondering if your wife felt that there was much in the way of shopping at the port. We are trying to decide whether to do snorkling at Deadman's Reef or to go the beach you mentioned. My sister and neice want to do some shopping but if we go to Deadman's Reef we would only have time to shop around port area. Thanks again

Thanks for the work putting up this review. DW & I will be on the Fantasy very soon and it's refreshing to hear so many positive things in your review. We were on the Fantasy a year ago & had a wonderful time, I can't wait to do it all over again.

I am glad you enjoyed it. I hope you have a great time on your upcoming cruise.

Great review and time lapse video. Thanks for taking the time to post. Myself, my sister and neice are going on the Fantasy 7/10/12. I have crusied many times before and was on the Fantasy in 1994. My sister has only been one time(11 years ago) and my neice has never been on a cruise. I am looking forward to their reaction to the ship.

I do have a question regarding Freeport. I have never stopped at this port and was wondering if your wife felt that there was much in the way of shopping at the port. We are trying to decide whether to do snorkling at Deadman's Reef or to go the beach you mentioned. My sister and neice want to do some shopping but if we go to Deadman's Reef we would only have time to shop around port area. Thanks again

Thanks for the compliments. I am sure you will have a great time with your family.

I would go to Deadman's reef. The port has about the same stuff as the marketplace. I wanted to do deadman's reef but we were on a tight budget.

We are cruising Fantasy in Jan 2013 for my Niece's 16th Bday. I was wondering which cabin number you had. We have been on other Carnival ships in inside cabins but yours looks extra small :eek:. Also you said you ate at the wok station a few times? What was offered there ? Thank you in advance :D

We are cruising Fantasy in Jan 2013 for my Niece's 16th Bday. I was wondering which cabin number you had. We have been on other Carnival ships in inside cabins but yours looks extra small :eek:. Also you said you ate at the wok station a few times? What was offered there ? Thank you in advance :D

We were in E299. it is the first inside cabin on the starboard side forward from the atrium.

The Wok station offered green peas & beans, corn, bok choy, some other cabbage, mushrooms, green & red bell pepper, low mein noodles, rice noodles, bean sprouts...probably a couple of more things but i cant remember all ....and then you have your choice of chicken, beef, or shrimp.

Some more random photos

DSC02652.JPG

There was a table tournament contest at some point in the cruise..

DSC02657.JPG

21st Century Bar

DSC02658.JPG

Expresso offerings on the Promenade

DSC02659.JPG

The Majestic Bar is on the Promenade just outside the Forum Lounge and Camp Carnival

DSC02687.JPG

Guest services

DSC02688.JPG

Shore Excursion desk

Thank you for your quick reply. i have another question. We are deciding about going to the Sheraton. Sounds like a great deal. You stated that they only required you to leave a deposit if you used the snorkeling equipment. Others here on cruisecritic have stated that you have to PAY EXTRA for the equipment, kayak & etc. Im confused :o. Do you remember what the deal is to use the trampoline, mats, paddle boats etc? Thank you again!!

Thank you for your quick reply. i have another question. We are deciding about going to the Sheraton. Sounds like a great deal. You stated that they only required you to leave a deposit if you used the snorkeling equipment. Others here on cruisecritic have stated that you have to PAY EXTRA for the equipment, kayak & etc. Im confused :o. Do you remember what the deal is to use the trampoline, mats, paddle boats etc? Thank you again!!

We paid $25 pp to use the entire facility which included the pools, lounge chairs, and towels. To use the snorkel and mask, kayaks, paddle boats, etc. you had to leave a $25 per item refundable deposit. They told us if they were damaged or if we swam past the bouys they would keep our deposit. There was a thirty minute limit on each item. If you kept them longer than thirty minutes they would keep half of your $$$. The trampoline was free as well, no deposit. All the kids were using it. They did have a big inflatable that once blown up created about a 60ft slide. They wanted $10 for 4 turns down the slide. I didn't see one person use it.

One more thing...the kiddos said the snorkel offered by the resort was junk. They kept getting water down the tube. I had brought my snorkel and mask and they just took turns using mine.

Archived