Second cruise suggestions?

We are sailing on Monarch in August as part of a total 2 week vacation. We view it as a sort of "starter cruise" for our family. However on this trip our oldest who is 17 won't be joining us. (He has a very extensive...and EXPENSIVE:eek: summer trip of his own happening soon)

Anyway, he has always wanted to do a cruise...well, we were on a small ship in Egypt on the Nile for a few nights together as part of a larger Egyptian vacation...but he would love to try a "fun ship" type sailing.

So I would like to plan a trip for just he and I as a sort of "pre-graduation, pre-18th birthday, just for fun" cruise possibly as early as November, maybe as late as his birthday in early April.

We can't go for too long because he is a Senior and I don't want him missing much school.

We would likely sail out of a port that we can fly into for a 25k FF mile ticket which is often Orlando, Miami, maaayyybe NY if we time it right.

I'm considering investigating any bonuses to booking the trip during our August sailing.

Suggestions?

Archived