Rurutu Whale watching

Goldenbeacher

We are first time PG cruisers and are really excited about our upcoming Sep. 1 cruise which includes a whale watching visit to Rurutu. I called to sign up for the whale watching tour in Rurutu, as it was the only non diving tour listed. This was the main reason we picked this cruise itinerary. I was told it was sold out, and we were wait listed. She said they would request more space, but no guarantees. She suggested that I try to arrange my own tour on the island. I have had no luck making any arrangements. Any advice? I had no idea that two months out was too late to call. I cannot find any advice at all on these boards about this island, and believe it may be a new itinerary for PG.

Thanks for any ideas...:)

We are first time PG cruisers and are really excited about our upcoming Sep. 1 cruise which includes a whale watching visit to Rurutu. I called to sign up for the whale watching tour in Rurutu, as it was the only non diving tour listed. This was the main reason we picked this cruise itinerary. I was told it was sold out, and we were wait listed. She said they would request more space, but no guarantees. She suggested that I try to arrange my own tour on the island. I have had no luck making any arrangements. Any advice? I had no idea that two months out was too late to call. I cannot find any advice at all on these boards about this island, and believe it may be a new itinerary for PG.

Thanks for any ideas...:)

It is new, and I don't think any of us have any specific info, BUT in general, MOST waitlisted excursion reservations are accommodated on board. Being a new/special excursion however, I wouldn't say that it is a guarantee in this case.

Archived