cabin help-Grand

MsJ

hello.... we have decided to book the Grand for next February. I have been reading everything I can on here about the cabins.We are going to book a balcony cabin. Now to decide which one.....

Here are my choices

BB-fore Carib deck

BA-mid carib deck

BA -mid Aloha deck

AC -fore dolphin deck

AC-aft emerald deck

I am interested in the Carib deck as I am curious about the half covered half open thing.. I have read so much I can't remember if the decks are open or covered on the Aloha and Dolphin. Right now I am leaning towards the BA Carib deck......but I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the AC dolphin deck aft...it seems like it would be nice and quiet there....anyway..thanks for any info anyone can send my way.... Marianne

Hi

Sailed the Grand a couple of years ago,I would recommend the Caribe deck as the balconies are great.

We are sailing again in June and again we are on the PH caribe deck.

You will not be disappointed.

Fred

We had a cat. BB on the Grand's Caribe deck. Totally awesome. The balcony was about 9 X 9. We were able to have two lounge chairs, two regurlar chairs and a round table. Being partially covered was especially great for reading during the day, having some shade. You will note from this deck you actually look down into the balconies below. We are planning to sail this ship again and will definately book the same type of cabin.

There is more to the decision than the size of the balcony or how much it might be covered. You get a lot more cabin with a minisuite versus a balcony cabin. The biggest changes are a much larger bathroom with a tub and the added sitting area. A slightly larger balcony is nice, but doesn't fully compensate for the added room a minisuite offers. There is sometimes only a minimal difference in price.

I definitely agree with Rob here. You can often get a mini suite on the Grand Class ships for just a tiny bit more than the balcony cabins. They are well worth the added expense for the sitting are, larger bathroom and twice the space. You might look into it and compare the costs.

Archived