Recommend your carryon backpack for electronics

Good Morning,

I am hoping someone can recommend a great carryon backpack to house a laptop, camcorder, kindle, digital cameras and all its chargers.. while still leaving room for travel documents, snacks all while being able to fit under the seat in front of you? Thanks! :)

Well it may be a tight fit but I have a High Sierra backpack that matches my luggage that fits a lot in it and is pretty organized. I didn't want anything with too many pouches and pockets that I was getting them confused. Here is a description of how I pack mine:

Padded back pocket: laptop, magazines/book/kindle/iPad, travel docs. (fits approx 4" of flat items)

Slightly smaller middle pocket: chargers, more bulky items, clothing, camera, etc. (fits about 2"-7" depending on how full you fill front and back pockets.

Smaller front pocket: IDs, wallet, small digital camera, phone, lip balm, pens, pencils, keys, playing cards. Approx 8" tall and 2-5" deep. Has a little pen, notepad organizer area with a few inside pockets

2 small top pouches: headphones, small cords, small phone chargers, iPod, etc.

2 side mesh open top pouches: water bottle, snacks. I've also used for ski socks.

Front shoulders trap phone pouch: doesn't fit iPhone but can be used as another pouch for small cords, memory cards, etc.

I would think that it would fit all the things you need to pack in it. I had an old cheap backpack that held more but it didn't have very good dividers and things were never organized and always jumbled up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio fugitive backpack. Can find them on Amazon. Mine is an older version but purchased in 2006 and still running strong through college, plane trips, Europe, cruises and every family vacation. Think it might last forever haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Good Morning,

I am hoping someone can recommend a great carryon backpack to house a laptop, camcorder, kindle, digital cameras and all its chargers.. while still leaving room for travel documents, snacks all while being able to fit under the seat in front of you? Thanks! :)

I have three or four different bags that I use

1) Camelback midrange backpack. It has two front pockets, four side pockets and a goodsize inner section. I took out the "camelback" in the back and store my macbook air in that section. I put cabels and cords in the outside pockets, meds and other critical items in the upper pocket while putting iPad and all the papers in the lower. I put a smaller camera bag inside along with a change of clothing and whatever else I need. I could stuff it under the seat but I don't - I pull out the camera or travel bag for on plane use and put hte rest in the overhead.

2) JackWolfskin Berkeley backpack. Padded back section for computer. Middle section for whatever and front pocket for documents.

3) & 4) Tamarack backpack camera bags. The good thing is that they hold computers, cameras and lenses. the bad thing is trying to stuff in other essentials like meds and change of clothes.

(Cameras - 1-2 camera bodies plus 3-4 lenses. flash if I am feeling energetic + backup exteranl hard drive) tripod straps to the outside on all of the above.

Archived