Honeymoon Ideas on the Coral

GoochDSA

Really? That's a total win then! (and a $200 pp perk value)

What exactly is the thermal suite? I've read about it but just don't get it. Is it just a fancy way of saying a steam room or something of that nature or is there more that I am just missing?

What exactly is the thermal suite? I've read about it but just don't get it. Is it just a fancy way of saying a steam room or something of that nature or is there more that I am just missing?

There are heated stone beds (may not sound comfortable but are wonderful), a couple of saunas, and two or three special showers. Very quiet, restful and, since only a limited number of passes are sold (in addition to the those provided to passengers in suites), seldom crowded.

This is more detailed than my earlier answer and is from the most recent list of suite amenities:

Lotus Spa Thermal Suite - Suite Passengers Only

Ship Notice

We are delighted to extend the complimentary use of the Thermal Suite onboard to our suite passengers. The Thermal Suite is a communal relaxation center. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Relax on a warm stone bed and allow the pressures of life to melt away.

Please present your cruise card to the reception desk in the Lotus Spa for your entrance to the Thermal Suite.

There are heated stone beds (may not sound comfortable but are wonderful), a couple of saunas, and two or three special showers. Very quiet, restful and, since only a limited number of passes are sold (in addition to the those provided to passengers in suites), seldom crowded.

This is more detailed than my earlier answer and is from the most recent list of suite amenities:

Lotus Spa Thermal Suite - Suite Passengers Only

Ship Notice

We are delighted to extend the complimentary use of the Thermal Suite onboard to our suite passengers. The Thermal Suite is a communal relaxation center. Different grottos and chambers release a variety of dry heat, steam and mists into the air with aromatherapy filled vapors. Relax on a warm stone bed and allow the pressures of life to melt away.

Please present your cruise card to the reception desk in the Lotus Spa for your entrance to the Thermal Suite.

Deffinately seems worth at least a try (especially since it is included in in the price we are paying for the suite). Is this something where my fiancee would have to go to one side while I have to go to another?

Deffinately seems worth at least a try (especially since it is included in in the price we are paying for the suite). Is this something where my fiancee would have to go to one side while I have to go to another?

It is all coed - passengers wear their bathing suits plus you're given a plush robe to use for the transit from the locker room (they'll give you a locker key and towel also) to the thermal suite when you check into the spa. The only area that isn't coed are the locker rooms.

After our first cruise using the thermal spa, my DH announced that we needed to add a sauna to our house. I said only if we could get a stone bed too. We're at a standstill:p.

Archived