Alaska excursions

jess98ac

My parents are taking a Holland America cruise to Alaska in August for their 30th anniversary. What are some of your favorite excursions? Any suggestions for rain gear that they should bring with them? Should they pack winter jackets for viewing the sights on deck? I'm a caribbean cruiser so helping them with this cruise is a little out of my league!!

Thanks!!

Jess,

You're in the right place - just read a bit...

We don't know your parents age, health, interests, or budget - but these pages are jam packed with tons of great info. :)

Respectfully suggest you do some reading (right here on this board), and then ask some more specific questions.

Answer to the winter coat question: No.. take layers.. rain jacket perhaps with zip out lining is ideal, long sleeve shirts, gloves, hat... if you take just a winter coat and have a spell of warm weather and some rain you will roast (friends did on last cruise there who insisted on bringing LandsEnd winter coats.. they were like sauna suits!). Oh and a travel umbrella to ward off the rain. .always has worked well for us!;)

Archived