Which way is cheaper?

Ok I have read on here that you can order a bottle of alcohol through Bon Voyage but they charge duty.

Then I read that you can order a bottle of alcohol by room service once you are out to sea and you save duty but pay 15% gratuity.

Have I got this all straight? And which way is cheapest?

Thanks

Ok I have read on here that you can order a bottle of alcohol through Bon Voyage but they charge duty.

Then I read that you can order a bottle of alcohol by room service once you are out to sea and you save duty but pay 15% gratuity.

Have I got this all straight? And which way is cheapest?

Thanks

If you order from RS or GS you save the tax.. and yes you pay the gratuity.. depends where you sail from and how much tax is added

We ordered for the Liberty (out of Miami) last January through BV. We paid sales tax on top of the $40 bottle. Then we ordered another bottle through room service later in the week. No gratutity was added and no sales tax it was just $40. However, we did tip the person who brought it to us. BV prices have increased since then, but expect to still pay sales tax through BV and tip through room service.

Edited to add: We were able to get the type of liquor we wanted through BV, but the selection was limited through room service. If you are looking for a certain brand, go BV.

Archived