Grand Turk dives disappeared!! Please help.

I am on the Liberty on July 21 and was just trying to book a two tank dive on Grand Turk. This dive is a graduation present for my daughter. The excursion is no longer offerred. Can anyone recommend a private operator for diving in Grand Turk, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, or Half Moon Cay?

Thank you!

I have no first hand knowledge to recommend or not, but it seems there are only 3 to choose from if on a cruise -

Grand Turk Diving

Oasis Divers

Blue Water Divers

I am looking myself, so would be interested to see what others say. Good and so-so reviews for each.

Stay away from Oasis Divers. The reason the ship's excursion is cancelled is because they caused the death of a discover scuba student several months ago. I dove with them in March and was very unimpressed. I've heard good things about Blue Water Divers and Grand Turk Diving.

The cause of the tragic death during the discover scuba or "resort course" to my knowledge has not been revealed. To say that Oasis caused the death may be libelous. While it is true that PADI has dropped it's affiliation with Oasis and Carnival is not using them for scuba activities.

Choices on Grand Turk are in my opinion:

Grand Turk Diving info@gtdiving.com

Blue Water Divers info@grandturkscuba.com

I have dove with both outfits and they are both good. Some reviews have low ratings but generally both companies get high reviews. Some people are never happy I guess.

Yes, it has been revealed. Basically, Oasis violated PADI standards with regards to the ratio of instructors to students in the water. HAL also dropped them. This incident has been discussed in detail on other websites.

Blue Water divers is Top notch, we had a really great time with them and will be going back.

Dove St. Thomas and it was not as good to me as GT, although anytime underwater is good!

From my understanding good scuba in P. R. is too far from cruise terminal.

Not sure if any is offered in HMC.

My vote is to def do GT and go with BWD, the wall there is just the most beautiful place.

• 2 weeks later...

I dove with them last year on a cruise. LOVED Smitty and his first mate. We took a short cab ride over to his shop. We went out as a party of 7 - 2 divers and 5 snorklers. Had a blast. even got to spear Lionfish on the wall. Smitty delivered us back to the beach near the cruise terminal at the end of the dives. We also got to sample some of his wifes awesome food...my boys now guage all conch fritters by the ones he served! I highly recommend Grand Turk Diving.

I dove with them last year on a cruise. LOVED Smitty and his first mate. We took a short cab ride over to his shop. We went out as a party of 7 - 2 divers and 5 snorklers. Had a blast. even got to spear Lionfish on the wall. Smitty delivered us back to the beach near the cruise terminal at the end of the dives. We also got to sample some of his wifes awesome food...my boys now guage all conch fritters by the ones he served! I highly recommend Grand Turk Diving.

Thank you. We are booked with Grand Turk Diving. I'm assuming the divemaster dove as well, correct?

Archived