When are the pools drained?

purrfect007

I read on another post that the pools were drained on a day at sea. Is there a reason this would happen, rough swells perhaps?

When "soiled" they need to be drained and disinfected. They don't use chlorine to kill germs, so they have to drain and start over. I have, however, been on older ships where the pools were drained each night, but that's been a while.

Oh, I see...I've only been on Disney as you see, and they have freshwater pools. I never considered the issues with salt water pools! That may be a bit of an adjustment, but I'm sure it will be great.

Three days to go...will post my review (but I"m not in a hurry to get to that point!!)

All the pools / hot tubs are drained at night and then refilled. If necessary the water can be lowered when the seas are rough during the day. They are also drained for obvious reasons such as sdmike pointed out.

I've never noticed them drained every night on my cruises, although they are always closed (with rope netting) at some point late every night. I have noticed that they are closed and drained late on the last night of the cruise. I've always assumed that's both for health reasons, and to keep people from lingering that night and the next day.

Archived