Travel deals without the kids

familycruzinnewbie

We are fairly open to destinations, though I can't handle extreme heat. Our problem is airfare, it seems to be $1000 pp to go anywhere from YYT. I can get airfare, accommodation, food and drink for the same $1000 to Cuba but it will probably be brutally hot in August. I may be able to find something a seat sale to New York (there is a direct flight from here to Newark on Continental/United) but I don't think cruise deals are starting until the fall. Alaska and Europe may have some summer cruise deals, if there was reasonable airfare.

Where are you flying from? st. John Canada? The airfare is probably expensive. The best deals are going to be out of Ft. Lauderdale florida and in the summer it really isn't too brutal because there is a breeze on the Ocean and on the islands. It is hurricanne season right now though. If you can fly to Vancouver or Seattle you can get a good deal on an Alaska cruise. Kids go back to school and the price drops. I've seen cruises for as low as $399 at the end of August to Alaska on Holland America.

We're flying from St. John's. Yeah I saw the ones on HAL usually they were one way. I joked that I should get points airfare for next year and then book the cruise last minute next May, though that strategy is risky for Alaska. DH has to be back Sept 5, I'll have to poke around on airline sites a bit.

Archived