Do you get a guilty feeling if you pull your kids out of school?

dad son team

Yea actually I am work right now and this thread just caught my eye and now I've spent about 30 minutes reading it. Finding it hard to turn it off. (you know the train wreck syndrome) I have read a lot of threads, mostly on the HAL sites, but this one really takes the cake.

Well, welcome and ...enjoy...gets pretty funny ...:p ( I want some cake)

"I'm not starting a new thread because I'm curious about the ideas of people who have participated so much in this thread."

Wow, it took me a while to catch up here. Gee, this quotation alone made me laugh out loud. "Curious"? More like "arrogant."

BTW, I told my hubby last night when he got home that mr. sblahars is still insisting these parents (incl. us in 2003 when we took our girl out of kindergarten for a week) are terrible. His parents (one of whom was a teacher) took the family to Israel for a few months -- some of it during the school year. Hubby didn't suffer at school. Got his degree in Economics from UC Santa Cruz and now is a supervisor. And not at a fast food joint, either.

Now wait for sblahars to say "good for him" sarcastically.

I just can't get back away from a fight.:p

Boy I gotta tell ya....you guys over on this thread are pretty creative. Good one Merion Mom.

And BTW.....over the years we have taken our kids out of school almost every year for cruises and vacations. My wife and I both worked in industry that would not allow us to take vacations during summer, so I guess maybe we should NEVER have taken our kids on vacations. DANG!! now I know where we went wrong

Just read that other thread about delusional people thinking the ship will wait for them. It reminds me of the couple who were getting married on a Saturday, were going to stay for a brunch with family on Sunday and then flying to catch their ship that was leaving that day.

And the real kicker is that the newlyweds thought they should stay and clean up before catching their flight. Now that's hilarious.

Oh, right, off topic.

CruisnChick...was that the 'Glue-sniffin' thread? That one was a riot!!

off topic , too...apoligies.

Wonder if sblahars has read the 'not potty trained baby in the pool thread'? He'd have plenty to say on that issue too, I bet...but, don't really wanna sic him on any unsusepecting posters...we better keep him right here...:rolleyes:

Back in November, we returned from our cruise. My DD had to miss a few days of school (3.5). I had seen this thread months before and had followed it closely due to the fact that I knew were going to take this trip and that she was going to miss some school because of it. She had never missed that much time before and I was interested in other people's experiences. When we got home, I pulled this up from the dead, to share my recent experience (pay back those who had helped me work through the issues in my head).

I was almost immediately accosted by Sblahars' dripping with sarcaism comment of "what do you want and award or something" (paraphrased, but pretty close). Since that time I have attempted to explain my experiences and my feelings on the topic. I never called anyone any names or made fun of anyone else's views - gave my experiences. In return, I have been insulted repeatedly - shouted at in all caps, recipient of multiple punctuation marks, called names - by the same poster who says I am rude?

I apologize for raising this thread from the dead, because it has moved from being a discussion of the issue to personal attacks.

On a different thread, we discussed new legislation being debated in Congress called "All Children Left Behind" (in the house, I think it is HR-0609225)

It proposes a minimum age for any travel beyond 20' of home or school for anyone under the age of 25. It calls for universal electronic monitoring using ankle bracelets. There are provisions for acceptable time frames for taking vacations with children (I think there is a two week window of opportunity in late June), a listing of acceptable destinations (I remember DisneyWorld being "out" because Arlan Spector wanted it all to himself), and a rather onerous packet of forms to apply for taking a family vacation. It restrticts the restraunts where children may dine (I believe one of the requirements there has something to do with only eating at establishments where one orders by shouting into a plastic clown's face or something).

If anyone knows of any of the other provisions, please post them here - this is ground breaking legislation (by legislators who are about ready to have ground broken for them! Six feet of it!)

I'm thinking that there are a number of posters here (I'll name no names!) who are well qualified to testify on its behalf!

. . .' date=' it's time to leave and pick up my little one from school (and by the way she's getting "student of the month" tomorrow. I guess taking her out of school for a week when she was five didn't hurt her).[/quote']

What does she want an award or something?

Ooops that's right, she is getting an award! :D

What does she want an award or something?

Ooops that's right, she is getting an award! :D

:eek: But, wait, didn't she go (gasp)on...(gasp) vacation with her family??!:eek:

How is this possible? Is a recount in order???:confused:

J/K...(good for her!!! I bet she's a hard worker and desreves it!! And, I know you are proud of her.)

See? Good students and vacation can co-exist! :p

Ya can't give out "Student of the month" awards to more than 12 kids a year...

Do the math...

And thats only if they have year round school...most are still on 9-10 month schedule...

Maybe sBLAHars went to one of those schools where everyone gets a 'perticaption award'...("not that there's anything wrong with that"):p

And thats only if they have year round school...most are still on 9-10 month schedule...

Maybe sBLAHars went to one of those schools where everyone gets a 'perticaption award'...("not that there's anything wrong with that"):p

Parrothead,

your name is almost right, but it shouldn't be parrot

Archived