Price Drops - Don't Lose Hope!

kutschie22

For over 260 days I have diligently been checking for price drops on our cruise, with no downward movement on the price. Our cruise leaves two weeks from tomorrow and we've had three price drops this week! As it stands now, we have a $260 obc. Don't lose hope, the dilligence could pay off!

Happy cruising....

For over 260 days I have diligently been checking for price drops on our cruise, with no downward movement on the price. Our cruise leaves two weeks from tomorrow and we've had three price drops this week! As it stands now, we have a $260 obc. Don't lose hope, the dilligence could pay off!

Happy cruising....

This actually makes me feel better. We hit final payment about a week ago and I still haven't had any price drops in my category (and there are plenty of rooms left in it). The newest sale has a free upgrade from 8A to 8B - 8E (I think it used to include F, G, H and I, but those are sold out now), but I'm glad ours wasn't included in that sale b/c the price they're selling the 8A for right now is still higher than what we paid.

That being said I keep telling myself if nothing else you got the best price, but I really wouldn't mind a little OBC to cover tips and any other small things on board. :):o

Actually, you can submit he form for OBC up until 2 days prior to sailing.

On any cruiseline? I will be on Princess, only glitch is that the cabin category I purchased has sold out and the next cabin up is not within my budget.

Right, if you booked Early Saver, you can still submit for price drops after your final payment. You can choose between an on board credit or an upgrade.

Also you can do a claim for the price drop even if you have not made your final payment. They will credit it to your balance. I got $120 for 4 price drops and still have not made final payment. If they keep it up maybe I won't have to.:D (early saver)

On any cruiseline? I will be on Princess, only glitch is that the cabin category I purchased has sold out and the next cabin up is not within my budget.

Sorry, can't give you an answer for Princess. Although they are owned by Carnival Corp. it is a different Company.

On our last cruise we had a price drop two weeks before we set sail to the turn of over $300 each. Since my sister and I were in the same cabin and we booked it as double occupancy we had over $600 to spend on the cruise for just that one week.

I noticed a price drop on our upcoming cruise (Aug 18th Liberty sailing) however, I was told by the Carnival rep that we could only get an upgrade but not OBCs. However, I turned it down because we in the room next to my mom's (and there was no price drop on her category) and we pretty much want to stay together. I'm wondering if, the closer we get to sail date, we all can upgrade? We're currently in balcony rooms on level 6 & I'm assuming the upgrade would just put us up on another level(?).

Archived