REVIEW -6/16/12 Mediterranean Venice Cruise on Solstice

Wonders10

Hi everyone! I'm glad you are all enjoying my review! I'm sorry it has been so long since an update. I'm starting a new job and have lots of paperwork, errands and online classes to take. But...there are only 2 days left, and I will definitely finish the review! Please sit tight and check back in a few days!

In cruise news, I may be booking a Caribbean cruise on the Sillhouette next March! We had the Allure booked, but we just couldn't stray from Celebrity. And...I'm really hoping for Aqua Class again.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone!

I really dropped the ball on this review! Shortly after my last post, I met a wonderful man (finally! lol) and then started back to school at a new job so cruise reviews just took a backseat. In exciting news, the man is still around, I'm 25 lbs lighter (and counting...) and my newly retired mom and I are going on a girls cruise this Sunday on the Silhouette for my Spring Break. I am hoping to write a report of that cruise (and actually finish it...:o) Here is a link to my "intro":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1811047

I wanted to bump up this thread since I know it is getting very close to Europe cruising time and thought some of my review might be helpful or at least enjoyable to get you excited about your cruise. I will try to be back with some final thoughts just so I can say its officially complete!

Florence and Pisa

We booked a RIL tour and we had a woman driver, whose name I can't remember anymore. We called her Cleopatra because she said she loved all things Egypt and wore very Egyptian looking makeup. She was also the skinniest person I have ever met in my life. Anyway, she as nice but no where near as great as the other 2 drivers we had for Naples and Rome, but didn't do anything wrong either. Just not the same level of service in our opinion. We drove to a scenic overlook and then to Pisa where we had lots of free time to get the "money shot" holding up the tower. Then it was into Florence itself where we had the yummiest sandwich ever. I still think about that sandwich of just cheese, tomato and bread. So so good. Then we drove around all the sights before hitting what I was most looking forward to...the leather market!

I have an obsession with purses and never met a purse I didn't like. So, this was heaven to me, and my sister in law. My brother on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it because it involved spending money and it was really crowded. I ended up with an adorable royal blue leather bag, leather bound journal and a leather keychain. My biggest regret on this trip was that I didn't buy more items. The prices were sooooo good! I saw a bag similar when I came home and it was 3x the price in Florence. I kicked myself for not getting it...

We got another round of gelato and drove back to the ship for a relaxing evening and sadly, some packing.

Provence

We docked in Toulon this morning and were taking a Celebrity excursion into Aix-en-Provence. I immediately fell in love with this city and wished we could spend more time here. All the little shops and markets, I just loved it! The tour was hard to follow even with ear pieces but I just enjoyed staying behind and taking it all in myself. We then had some free time to shop and wander before meeting back at the bus. We were starting to get a little sick of each other by this point (day 12/13 isn't so bad, right?) so it was a quiet ride back to the ship where we enjoyed one final afternoon by the pool, packing and a wonderful last dinner at Blu.

Disembarkation

We booked Barcelona Day Tours for a transfer only to the airport and they were right there waiting for us. Friendly and on time, no complaints. Our flights were all on time as well and we could not get home soon enough - our whirlwind 2 weeks was finally hitting us and we were exhausted. But we all agreed we'd do it again in an instant. It was a wonderful vacation and amazing memories were made for all of us.

I know these last 2 days were boring and lacked pictures, but if you do have questions about Provence and Florence/Pisa, please ask! I probably remember.

Thanks everyone for reading!!! Until next time...

Thank you so much for finishing your trip report, we are going on a med cruise this summer and we have booked RIL for Rome so can't wait!!

Can I say a big congratulations to the weight loss and meeting your partner, so pleased for you - any tips on how you did it would be appreciated lol :D

Off to read your intro to your spring break trip now :):)

Thank you so much for finishing your trip report, we are going on a med cruise this summer and we have booked RIL for Rome so can't wait!!

Can I say a big congratulations to the weight loss and meeting your partner, so pleased for you - any tips on how you did it would be appreciated lol :D

Off to read your intro to your spring break trip now :):)

I hated that I left it hanging but at least its sort of completed. You will have a blast on your cruise, I'm sure, and will NOT be disappointed with RIL.

I met the man on Match dot com after a couple months of no success. He was the first one I met in person. The weight loss was a little trickier lol I started Weight Watchers in July and did some light exercising, but the man works with a personal trainer so I started doing the same in December and that has helped tremendously. I probably should have lost more by now, but I'm pleased with my progress and wearing a size I haven't worn in a long time (at a weight I haven't seen in a long time). When I return from this upcoming cruise, I'm going to really get serious about the diet so I can drop some more serious lbs before summer. I have about 45 more lbs I'd like to lose (guesstimating by what I remember looking like at certain weights), but I want to be able to live my life in the process so I'm taking it slow and treating myself on special occasions or when I have a huge urge. The working out is key though I think in keeping my metabolism going and allowing me to have those splurges here and there without too much damage done.

Well done you!! You are right that exercise is the key and you motivated me to go for a 45 min power walk to try and kick start my weight loss!! I too have approx 45llbs to lose until I am the weight I want to be - just wish I didn't love all the wrong foods so much lol!!

I too work in schools as a nurse for complex needs pupils but am looking into moving back into the hospital as budget cuts in the community means there are no resources.

Have a wonderful holiday, we can't wait as I'm so fed up of the cold weather:)

Hi everyone!

I really dropped the ball on this review! Shortly after my last post, I met a wonderful man (finally! lol) and then started back to school at a new job so cruise reviews just took a backseat. In exciting news, the man is still around, I'm 25 lbs lighter (and counting...) and my newly retired mom and I are going on a girls cruise this Sunday on the Silhouette for my Spring Break. I am hoping to write a report of that cruise (and actually finish it...:o) Here is a link to my "intro":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1811047

I wanted to bump up this thread since I know it is getting very close to Europe cruising time and thought some of my review might be helpful or at least enjoyable to get you excited about your cruise. I will try to be back with some final thoughts just so I can say its officially complete!

Thank you so much for bumping your review, it is abosolutely wonderfully written, very informative and helpful, and full of wonderful photos! Sorry I'm laughing about the "all striped shirts" photo! Congratulations on all your exciting life changes. Never too late to add to old trip reports - we leave for our eastern med cruise in about 9 weeks and love to read about others experiences!

Thank you so much for bumping your review, it is abosolutely wonderfully written, very informative and helpful, and full of wonderful photos! Sorry I'm laughing about the "all striped shirts" photo! Congratulations on all your exciting life changes. Never too late to add to old trip reports - we leave for our eastern med cruise in about 9 weeks and love to read about others experiences!

Thanks! I'm glad so many people are enjoying it (based on the views numbers increasing). Yes, we all seemed to wear stripes that day completely by accident. Hope you have a great cruise!!!

Archived