Cave Tubing Comparison and a few questions...

rockbock

I'm getting ready to book my cave tubing excursion for October. Based on my research, I've narrowed it down to three options. They all have very good reviews, both on CC and TripAdvisor. Before I make my final decision, I want to verify that I have my facts straight on each one. I also have a few questions...

All three companies seem to offer great guides and will carry rafts for anybody who needs help.

(1) Cavetubing.bz - $40, armpit-style linking, no headrest, 3 caves, 4.5 - 5 hours, large lunch included (belizean chicken, rice & peas), drinks included (water, soda, rum punch)

(2) Cave-tubing.com - $40, linked tubes, no headrest, 2 caves, 4 hours, "light lunch" included (Belizean tamale), drinks not included.

(3) VIV - $40, linked tubes with headrests, 2 caves, 5.5 hours, no food or drinks included (can be purchased for $5pp extra).

MY QUESTIONS:

(a) If VIV only does two caves, then how come the VIV excursion is so much longer than the other two?

(b) I know some companies stop along the trip so people can buy cashew wine at $3.00 per bottle. Do all three of these companies make this stop?

© Which companies let you jump into the water? (I read somewhere that there is a ledge you can jump off of).

I dont know about the other 2 but we did cave_tubing.com and absolutly loved it. They had a ledge to jump off of into the river. we actually did thier atv and cavetubing option and it came with a full lunch. this was 80$ each. they were very attentive. there is a long walk to the water and since DH had a heart condition our guide carried both our tubes and because we were slower than the rest of the group. one guide broke off from the rest and was like a personal tour guide. We never felt like DH;s handicap was an issue, they were glad to help. And you didnt have to pay until it was over so if they did not do a good job you didnt have to pay. I did not see any wine for sale though. There was another tour company that used the same drop of place. I dont know if it was one of the other 2 you mentioned. I was very glad we choose the one we did once we saw the tubes. ours were larger and newer than the other one. I am a large women and had no trouble with the tube. Have fun i think it was my all time favorite excursion

I'm interested in answers to your questions. Subscribing.

Yeah, I'm having a heck of a time deciding which company to use. I've read several times now that all of the companies actually go to the same number of caves, but .bz calls it three caves and the other companies call it two caves (because there is a "gap" of sunshine in the middle of one of the caves).

I think right now I'm pretty close to going with .com, because it includes lunch, has linked tubes, and the guides carry the tubes for everybody...the only thing that's holding me back is the fact that the other two companies claim that the excursion lasts a lot longer. I can't figure out why .com is only 4 hours, instead of 5 - 5.5 hours.

Every day I seem to keep changing my mind between these three companies.

Wish more people would chime in. We're leaning towards Viv because of the headrests/linked tubes.

We did river tubing in Dominica &, IMO, a head rest would've come in handy.

For us, the luxury tubes and headrests would be nice; however, we know what a standard tube feels like and it wouldn't bother us. Given the choice between food and a luxury tube, we'd take the food. It would be another story if my parents (both mid-60s) were doing this with us, but they will be going to ruins in Belize, so it's just me, DH, and three teenagers. However, VIV seems to have the longest tour, and that could possibly sway us to them.

And although the armpit-linking used by .bz is not ideal, most people who used this company said they didn't mind it and LOVED the tour. Plus, .bz offers a longer tour than the other two and apparently a GREAT lunch. They also have unlimited rum punch and give out small glasses of cashew wine (and stop at a store where you can buy the cashew wine for $3/bottle). So despite the armpit linking, I'm not yet ruling out .bz either.

I'm so confused!

We were looking at VIV, but might consider one of the other two since I have not received a confirmation from them on a reservation I sent twice over 10 days ago. I've heard some good things about cave-tubing.com

I was thinking about booking VIV myself.....but now I am thinking Nacho and Cynthia might be the best choice?

Nacho and Cynthia is definitely not in contention for us. I don't think there's anything they can possibly provide to make it worth $75 for essentially the same trip that the other companies offer for $40.

I'm getting ready to book my cave tubing excursion for October. Based on my research, I've narrowed it down to three options. They all have very good reviews, both on CC and TripAdvisor. Before I make my final decision, I want to verify that I have my facts straight on each one. I also have a few questions...

All three companies seem to offer great guides and will carry rafts for anybody who needs help.

(1) Cavetubing.bz - $40, armpit-style linking, no headrest, 3 caves, 4.5 - 5 hours, large lunch included (belizean chicken, rice & peas), drinks included (water, soda, rum punch)

(2) Cave-tubing.com - $40, linked tubes, no headrest, 2 caves, 4 hours, "light lunch" included (Belizean tamale), drinks not included.

(3) VIV - $40, linked tubes with headrests, 2 caves, 5.5 hours, no food or drinks included (can be purchased for $5pp extra).

MY QUESTIONS:

(a) If VIV only does two caves, then how come the VIV excursion is so much longer than the other two?

(b) I know some companies stop along the trip so people can buy cashew wine at $3.00 per bottle. Do all three of these companies make this stop?

© Which companies let you jump into the water? (I read somewhere that there is a ledge you can jump off of).

Thank you for the post. I was between those three companie and now made my choice. Booked with cave-tubing.com yesterday. They did not ask for the credit card. Just a name, e-mail, phone, ship, and ship's time in port. Received the confirmation within 15 min.

We are planning on booking with .biz becasue of the multi excursion discount. IF you book multiple excursions with them then you can save up to $5.00 per person. We are going to book a Costa Maya excursion and the Belieze cave tubing. They offer excursions in several ports of call so you can combine all of your excursions in one company. I LIKE IT.

I too have been up in the air about these cave tubing things. They all look pretty much the same. But Multi Excursion Discount and RUM PUNCH well duh.

I dont know about the other 2 but we did cave_tubing.com and absolutly loved it. They had a ledge to jump off of into the river. we actually did thier atv and cavetubing option and it came with a full lunch. this was 80$ each. they were very attentive. there is a long walk to the water and since DH had a heart condition our guide carried both our tubes and because we were slower than the rest of the group. one guide broke off from the rest and was like a personal tour guide. We never felt like DH;s handicap was an issue, they were glad to help. And you didnt have to pay until it was over so if they did not do a good job you didnt have to pay. I did not see any wine for sale though. There was another tour company that used the same drop of place. I dont know if it was one of the other 2 you mentioned. I was very glad we choose the one we did once we saw the tubes. ours were larger and newer than the other one. I am a large women and had no trouble with the tube. Have fun i think it was my all time favorite excursion

Just to let you know, we went the last week of June and the security guard wouldn't let us jump off e cliff. He said someone was hurt not too long ago (broken foot or something), but people were jumping off we left, so I think it is hit or miss.

Personally, I wouldn't do any tour that makes you link with other people's feet.

Went to Cave-tubing.com and see in the video that your linked by feet, an I looking in the wrong place? Not interested in someone elses feet in my armpits :D But the Tamale interest me.

MY QUESTIONS:

Great thread, AMAZING COMPARISON! can't wait to see what others say.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Great thread, AMAZING COMPARISON! can't wait to see what others say.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks. The part that you highlighted about the video and being armpit-linked...that's old video, even if it is still showing on their website. This company switched over within the past few months.

Cave-tubing.com does NOT link feet to armpits!!!

And our cave tubing lasted the longest out of the companies who were there when we were. We kept going down the river whereas the other companies got out as soon as we exited the cave.

Plus, with cave-tubing.com you don't pay until it is over and you are satisfied.

I have video on my YouTube channel: spleenstomper

Cave-tubing.com does NOT link feet to armpits!!!

And our cave tubing lasted the longest out of the companies who were there when we were. We kept going down the river whereas the other companies got out as soon as we exited the cave.

Plus, with cave-tubing.com you don't pay until it is over and you are satisfied.

I have video on my YouTube channel: spleenstomper

How long did your tour last? The ONLY reason I haven't booked with this company yet is because they list the tour as being 4 hours and the other companies advertise it as 5 to 5.5 hours.

Well, and I guess the fact that they aren't responding to my emails is preventing me from booking too...

I'm sorry they haven't responded... I have this email: yhony@cave-tubing.com

I honestly couldn't tell you how long things actually lasted. Sorry. I think we got in the van around 10 am and got back to the ship at 3:30, but we did The ATV and cave tubing combo.

Thank you. I forwarded my previous emails to this alternate address.

I went with VIV and would highly recommend them.

It is not only the type of tubes, lenght of cave, for us this excursion was great because of the guides. The guide we had -David was the best guide I have ever experienced, very knowledgeable and did sooooo much work, world help with anything and tried hard for everyone to have the best exerience. My mom is not-English speaker, not -swimmer with back issues, he did great job at taking care of her and everyone else. I know that is a job of a guide but I feel VIV just went above and beyond, did not feel this way at Victor Bodden private tour.

As far as lunch, i dont know when the other tours have lunch but for us there wasnt much time to sit around and eat. I would love to try local food but for me the amount of food on the ship was so much, i wont be able to eat anyway.

The tubes are very comfy, the headrests are great.

They let jump whoever wanted, they also took pictures of us.

Also the guides are well aware of the ship time, so no worries on that end. They even know where ship excursions are and made sure they were behind us.

Cave-tubing.com doesn't answer my emails! Has anybody had any luck getting a response from them?
Just emailed them, we shall see. :D

Have you had the Cashew wine? read a review that they let you try it on the bus ride. Have not seen someone mention if it stops but I would assume if they are giving it to ya on the bus it's for a reason?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Just emailed them, we shall see. :D

Have you had the Cashew wine? read a review that they let you try it on the bus ride. Have not seen someone mention if it stops but I would assume if they are giving it to ya on the bus it's for a reason?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thats strange he never got back with you . About 10 people on our roll 11/03 Liberty have booked that and he has got back with all of us , on even asked if we grouped together if we could have the group rate. He was like sure just tender in together and we named our group and just tell them when we arrive.

Thats strange he never got back with you . About 10 people on our roll 11/03 Liberty have booked that and he has got back with all of us , on even asked if we grouped together if we could have the group rate. He was like sure just tender in together and we named our group and just tell them when we arrive.

After two emails, I have not been able to get a response from cave-tubing dot com either. Maybe you can help me with some questions I have. I would like to know about the group discount too. We have 9 adults and 6 kids going right now. Do you remember what they charged for each adult and child and how much the group discount was? Thanks!

Archived